Server Question

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
^Sian^

Server Question

Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:58 am

Hello,

I've played MGO2 since its initial release back in 2008 and quit a little before the servers shut down.
I started out in the clan ^V^ Army and finished out in SoloWing.
Anyways, When I heard about the whole SaveMGO movement I was pretty excited.
Alot of games nowandays just don't have the same charm of MGO2 and probably never will.
My question is in regards to playing overseas.
Work has brought me to South Korea and I was wondering if its even worth playing from over here or is battling ping going to ruin the experience for me?
Any other players playing from outside the US?
Appreciate any replies and hoping to see you guys online soon!

^Sian^
iPlayNaked

Re: Server Question

Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:54 pm

You have the benefit of playing in the same timezone with the largest community. The JPs still have hundreds of players on during peak hours. Playing with the JPs should be fine for you. Playing across the sea against NA/EU will most likely get you kicked from a lot of games for rp.

Note** Speaking English with the JPs might get you kicked. When MGO2r first came back, a bunch of EU/NA tryhards were joining and kicking them from their own games. The JPs have a low tolerance for EU/NA bullshit.
^Sian^

Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:36 pm

iPlayNaked wrote:
You have the benefit of playing in the same timezone with the largest community. The JPs still have hundreds of players on during peak hours. Playing with the JPs should be fine for you. Playing across the sea against NA/EU will most likely get you kicked from a lot of games for rp.

Note** Speaking English with the JPs might get you kicked. When MGO2r first came back, a bunch of EU/NA tryhards were joining and kicking them from their own games. The JPs have a low tolerance for EU/NA bullshit.
I was able to play a few games tonight with the JPs.
I didn't type in fear of that exact thing haha.
Does the NA/EU server get alot of regular players?
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:20 pm

^Sian^ wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:36 pm
iPlayNaked wrote:

I was able to play a few games tonight with the JPs.
I didn't type in fear of that exact thing haha.
Does the NA/EU server get alot of regular players?
yea now is a good time. 1pm to and 11pm eastern
iPlayNaked

Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:23 pm

NA/EU has around 60-80 players at peak times. NA/EU is plagued with a bunch of neutered game modes though:
- TDM/TSNE/RES with a crap-ton of weapon restrictions
- Mix rooms with only 6 maps (if you're lucky 7) that you play over and over with different modes.

If you can get Full Ping in JP, the JP community is vastly superior. It is the closest you can get to playing MGO2 like it was on the original server. Way fewer player imposed rules, although some rooms have stupid restrictions like no scan.
president trump

Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:51 pm

I've had a connection experience like no other in certain JP rooms (from West Coast NA), and aside from them not being sociable (Japan has a form of "Xenophobia" whereas most do not like foreigners), I quite enjoyed playing with them. If you can connect properly to them, they likely won't have a problem... as long as you don't talk.
I've resigned. I am no longer involved with SaveMGO.

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”