Whats with all the kicking?

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
willymeaux

Whats with all the kicking?

Sat May 04, 2019 4:19 am

Im new to the SaveMGO scene. I just repaired and hacked one of my old ps3 fats earlier this week to play some MGO, I used to play it before the servers went down. I haven't really been playing that many online shooters lately (mostly BF1 and War of Rights, a Civil War RP shooter). However it seems like every other game I join I get kicked due to my low level and lack of skill (I have not played this game since it shut down). I only join servers that have the everyone welcome symbol and its frustrating because there aren't many servers to join. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks guys!

PS: I know I'm going to get the responses like "git gud" etc. How does one git gud if he can't finish a match due to kicking because of low level.
Games I've completed: Snatcher, Policenauts, Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, Metal Gear Solid 4, Metal Gear Solid 5, Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker,
AMYROSEMGO2

Re: Whats with all the kicking?

Sat May 04, 2019 4:45 pm

Exactly my point i still enjoy mgo but cant really play im kicked within a few minutes eapecially if i get a few kills.people are angry on a dead game? They should be gratefull people even try to play,i host games and i kick noone its a old game i play for fun my psn is grayfox14180 add me ill join u
naive

Sat May 04, 2019 10:03 pm

The community seems tighter than it used to be before revival. More friends have formed, so now it's based on that from my perspective. Make friends who host.
willymeaux

Sat May 04, 2019 11:27 pm

Yeah I understand but Idk I think its stupid to be so picky on a revived game. There aren't a lot of players to begin with. I could see if this was a tourney or survival, but this is just you standard TSNK Lobby. I play MGO just because there's no shooter like it. I just wanna play some matches.
Games I've completed: Snatcher, Policenauts, Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, Metal Gear Solid 4, Metal Gear Solid 5, Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker,
Funkymintbro

Thu May 09, 2019 12:23 am

There are a lot of snobby smug pricks on this game. I tend to host quite often that's welcome to everyone. Look out for my username.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:30 am

the community is so small now most people are friends so they just wanna play with eachother. im sure its nothing against you, but you kind of need to make a friend or to in this era of mgo
Beast2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:24 pm

AMYROSEMGO2 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 4:45 pm
Exactly my point i still enjoy mgo but cant really play im kicked within a few minutes eapecially if i get a few kills.people are angry on a dead game? They should be gratefull people even try to play,i host games and i kick noone its a old game i play for fun my psn is grayfox14180 add me ill join u
You are welcome to join my game on EU/NA server anytime i host. Look for MGOEPIC. I have a fast and stable connection and just want people to have fun, no one really kicks in my game, nor do i really have any issues with anyone. The toxic users/staff hang around here and on discord mostly. Also butt hurt when you decide to be honest about how you feel. :)
Beast2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:33 pm

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:30 am
the community is so small now most people are friends so they just wanna play with eachother. im sure its nothing against you, but you kind of need to make a friend or to in this era of mgo
Doesn't answer "what's with all the kicking?" in the slightest. You instead just made a random point.

The kicking is mostly from some staff abusing their powers, and some users who don't understand or read info in the description of the hosts game, resulting in votes to kick the host and/or players.
Titan

Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:27 pm

People kick for all kinds of reasons. If I kick someone, it is a legitimate kick. I kick for red ping when rules state no red pings, I kick for direct rule violations, and I kick for dumb shit, like team killing, and kill stealing. If I kick for any reason other than that I have listed, it is usually a joking rage kick, not to be taken serious. Just me being a little salty.

People kick for friends, low levels, getting killed, getting stunned, getting scanned, getting headshot, legit reasons, and just because they don't want to lose, and if they kick someone they can claim some bs reason and hope for a restart. I have seen this first hand. On my level 11, I killed a "PRO" after scanning and stunning, him and a team mate, then he kicked. They restarted the round, and I know this because I went back immediately on another character to call him on it.
president trump

Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:57 pm

Titan summarized the reasons people kick pretty well. In this case though it's probably because of low level. It is true, new players do offset the balance of the room and disrupt the exp low placed players lose. Most people still playing take that knowledge seriously.
I've resigned. I am no longer involved with SaveMGO.

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”