PS3 FW 4.83 Released

Site and server news.
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

PS3 FW 4.83 Released

Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:09 am

With the latest 4.83 firmware update, some hacks have been patched. MGO2 is currently still working after updating from 4.82. It is still unconfirmed if you can do a fresh backup install on 4.83. I believe this probably still works though.

We are in the dark right now with this new firmware. We are unsure if Sony is now looking into the MGO2 files and is ready to ban, or block the game altogether.

With this new update released, I would suggest everyone look towards the future. OFW 4.82 has a lot of options with ps3xploit. You can now directly install CFW on compatible PS3s without a hardware flasher. The ps3xploit devs are looking into new options, but as of right now, nothing can be done on 4.83.

The PS3 is really dying down. How much longer is PSN going to be up? Once PSN goes away, you will need to be on CFW to play. Keep this in mind. If you have a second PS3, or are willing to buy another one, I would suggest one CFW and one OFW. When MGO2 is no longer playable on OFW or there is a great risk, you can hop over to your CFW PS3.

Keep in mind, you can still downgrade CFW-hackable PS3s with a hardware flasher in the future if you want to go from 4.83+ to CFW. Using the ps3xploit flasher is the easiest option right now, though.

Here is what I would do in these cases. Ultimately, it's up to you what to do:

I have a CFW-hackable PS3, and want to keep playing MGO2 for a long time.
Install CFW. You can switch back to OFW later down the road, if new hacks come out, or you aren't worried about MGO2 anymore.

I have a CFW-hackable PS3, and need PSN. I am willing to miss out on 4.82 hacks, and lose MGO2 or possibly be banned.
Install MGO2 if you haven't already, and update.

I have a CFW-hackable PS3, and want to use PSN on occasion. I am willing to possibly be banned.
Install CFW. You can use a "Dual Boot" FW to use PSN temporarily, and switch back later on. You can also use other CFW utilities to let you use PSN. It is fairly safe to do either, but keep in mind your account could be banned. You can purchase a new console id to unban the console if you do get banned.

I don't have a CFW-hackable PS3, and am willing to wait for new hacks. I know I won't be able to play MGO2 until new hacks come out.
Do not update, and wait for new developments.

I don't dave a CFW-hackable PS3, and don't care about new hacks. I want to keep playing MGO2 until I no longer can.
Go ahead and update.

Let me know if you guys have any more ideas on what to put here.
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PS3 FW 4.83 Released

Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:29 am

If you have MGO2 installed already, it is safe to update to 4.83. It is unconfirmed if you can do a fresh install on 4.83.

PS3xploit and similar tools are still unconfirmed.
SuperSaiyanGAKO

Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:42 am

What do you mean by "hacks" and which ones have been patched?
Legendary_Payne

Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:25 pm

Oh man i thought 4.82 was going to be the last OFW. Didnt Sony discontinue production of the console what could they possibly still be caring about with the PS3. I do have a CFW PS3 as a backup but iv been taking all the risks with my OFW one including using my old PS3 exclusive PSN account with mostly PS2 and PS3 downloads. This sucks i was hoping to turn my OFW PS3 into a digital gaming console with all the best games and MGS4 i spent a whole weekend slowly downloading stuff including RDR and Max Payne 3 which i hope to still be able to access online with.

Hope i dont get banned
sam95

Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:22 pm

Thx
abedabeast

Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:39 pm

I keep on getting this error (800283E7) when I'm fresh restoring the OFW on the last update..

What can I do??

Help!!!
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:59 am

abedabeast wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:39 pm
I keep on getting this error (800283E7) when I'm fresh restoring the OFW on the last update..

What can I do??

Help!!!
Use a different flash drive.

Return to “News”