Any SNE fans?

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
Danne Snee

Any SNE fans?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:17 am

Is there anyone interested in playing SNE?
I usually find it hard to get people into my games. Unless someone is up for it when I host there's like 0 join, so I end up adapting. Joining or hosting the next best thing. My theory is that there are others who adapt in the same way. Like SNE is more popular in the minds of people. But because it's overall not that popular we end up playing different modes. Adapting to what's popular to play anything at all.

The settings are preferably unique characters enabled (sometimes random and sometimes specific), FF on, AA off, auto teams on and magazines off. Maps are usually 5 or 6. Always MM, GG, SS, OO and others often used are CC, FF, WW and HH. But if others like them I might go with VV and even II. Sometimes I change the settings though to get some join. Then it's FF off, AA on and no unique characters. The times I host vary. Right now it might be in the middle of the day or in the evening. I live in Europe.

I figured that if there's others interested we can add each other on PSN so we can get organized to get that SNE experience we've all been looking for, but usually don't get.
SuperSaiyanGAKO

Re: Any SNE fans?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:51 am

I'm always down for some SNE, it is my favorite mode. I usually host a TDM/SNE room when I decide to host, but most of the time nobody joins or they stay for the TDM and then leave when SNE comes.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:09 am

i dont mind a good sne game from time to time!
Wishbagi

Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:46 am

I don't think SNE is popular, specially when compared to TSNK, RES and TDM.

It's hard to get a game hosting btw, I would suggest when you host SNE, just write TDM MM in the description or title of the server. and make it SNE MM with no FF on. try what's popular first, and change gradually, people hate change.

*also, some may not know what SNE is, and may not join based on that.
Danne Snee

Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:10 am

Thanks for the tip, but I don't think that will work. People will see it's not TDM. I don't think the right way to go is to try to fool people into a room.
The best way in my experience is to be two or more players at start. People tend to stay away from SNE when there's only one player. I figure they think it will be too hard if they would go up against Snake alone and/or they think others won't join because it's not a popular mode. In my experience that's wrong though. There's usually quite a good join when you're 2+ players.
Wishbagi

Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:42 am

TDM is the same as SNK, except you get Snake. People who play TDM wouldn't mind SNK , if they know/remmeber what SNK is.
Danne Snee

Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:55 am

It's not exactly the same though. It might play similarly, but it's still a different mode.
I don't believe in trying to deceive people. That's a principle I believe in in life in general, so why do the opposite on a game?

I guess something alot of people don't like about SNE is the Snake element. I've many times seen people rage quit right after they were stunned/put to sleep by Snake. Or after being held up and neutralized as a result. It happens like all the time. People joining because there's no TDM room just to rage quit because they can't take being "beaten" by Snake.
Wishbagi

Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:04 am

Mix TDM with SNK, not saying deceive people!
Danne Snee

Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:39 am

That might work sometimes. Other times people leave or vote to skip during briefing for a SNE match.

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”