About ps3 and MGO

Ask for help, and find others with the same issue.
User avatar
SephirothTheGod
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:48 pm

About ps3 and MGO

Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:51 am

Hi everyone, maybe this is not the right section, but i need to ask a think.
I loved MGO2, and now that it's possible, i want to play it again. I readed the tutorial but i can't buy another ps3, so i have to use mine, but i don't want to lose all my game saves obviously.
To save them, i want to buy the Play Station Plus for 1 month, copy all the game saves on it, install MGO2 and lose all the files on my ps3. After that, all i have to do is to copy the game saves from the PS Plus to my ps3. This way, i will have all back like before, theoretically.

Is there any problem to do it? Can something goes wrong?
Someone did the same thing?
User avatar
SephirothTheGod
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:48 pm

Re: About ps3 and MGO

Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:16 am

Also, another question, i have an unhacked ps3 and i use internet. There are any risk that Sony ban my PSN account and my ps3 because she see i did that process for play MGO2?
User avatar
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
Site Admin
Site Admin
Contact:
Location: Ontario
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:12 pm

Re: About ps3 and MGO

Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:13 pm

Ofw has bin working awhile now and no1 has bin banned so u think you are alright
User avatar
Mr Reaper
Location: Portugal
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:40 pm

Re: About ps3 and MGO

Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:20 pm

If Saved Game data is your main concern, you don't need to spend money on PS Plus to keep your saves. All you need is a USB flash drive with enough memory in it. I have an OFW PS3 just like you and I didn't want to lose my saved data, so I did it this way:

-Simply connect the USB drive to the PS3 and copy all your save data into it, then if you have a PC nearby you can store the saves in it.

-Next you follow the tutorial normally to restore your PS3 and install all the data required to play MGO2R ( This will require you to uninstall all your games, but since you kept the saves, you can just reinstall them later).

- After you have MGO2R ready to play, copy the save data back to the USB flash drive and transfer it back to your PS3 - you will have to install the games back on but you keep the saves.

And you're done!

As for the risk of being banned, MGO2R has been available for around a year now for OFW PS3's (Unhacked) and no one has been banned by Sony, So we're good!
Now I am become death, destroyer of worlds, let those who hath known my fury leave behind their mortal coil.
Image
Fear The Reaper.
User avatar
SephirothTheGod
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:48 pm

Re: About ps3 and MGO

Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:42 pm

Mr Reaper wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:20 pm
If Saved Game data is your main concern, you don't need to spend money on PS Plus to keep your saves. All you need is a USB flash drive with enough memory in it. I have an OFW PS3 just like you and I didn't want to lose my saved data, so I did it this way:

-Simply connect the USB drive to the PS3 and copy all your save data into it, then if you have a PC nearby you can store the saves in it.

-Next you follow the tutorial normally to restore your PS3 and install all the data required to play MGO2R ( This will require you to uninstall all your games, but since you kept the saves, you can just reinstall them later).

- After you have MGO2R ready to play, copy the save data back to the USB flash drive and transfer it back to your PS3 - you will have to install the games back on but you keep the saves.

And you're done!

As for the risk of being banned, MGO2R has been available for around a year now for OFW PS3's (Unhacked) and no one has been banned by Sony, So we're good!
Ok thank you.
I'm copying the game saves on the usb, but i can't copy some saves. Do you know why? Games like Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls and Dark Souls..
It appear only the option in the PS Plus, it won't let me copy in the usb.
How can i do?
User avatar
Mr Reaper
Location: Portugal
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:40 pm

Re: About ps3 and MGO

Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:25 pm

Depends on the file. You can copymos if not all save data to the USB drive, however GAME DATA (i.e. the game itself in digital format) cannot be copied into a USB drive, since that would be equivalent to piracy, therefore those files you just have to reinstall them once you've restored the system
Now I am become death, destroyer of worlds, let those who hath known my fury leave behind their mortal coil.
Image
Fear The Reaper.
User avatar
SephirothTheGod
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:48 pm

Re: About ps3 and MGO

Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:31 pm

Ok :(
Then i think i have to get the PS+.
User avatar
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 844
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:02 pm

Re: About ps3 and MGO

Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:37 am

SephirothTheGod wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:31 pm
Ok :(
Then i think i have to get the PS+.
You won't be able to copy over copy-protected saves (which I'm guessing those are).
So yeah, you'll need to use PS+ for that.
You might be able to get a trial, search up on the PSN Store, or try here: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/pro ... 14DAYTRIAL
Image
User avatar
SephirothTheGod
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:48 pm

Re: About ps3 and MGO

Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:29 am

Ok thanks.
Anyway, are you guys sure that this is something ok to do?
I mean, some people telled me is like installing a custom firmware on the ps3, which means it can invalid my warranty and i can be banned if i go online in the PSN.
I know nobody has been banned yet, but there is the risk?
User avatar
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 844
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:02 pm

Re: About ps3 and MGO

Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:40 pm

SephirothTheGod wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:29 am
Ok thanks.
Anyway, are you guys sure that this is something ok to do?
I mean, some people telled me is like installing a custom firmware on the ps3, which means it can invalid my warranty and i can be banned if i go online in the PSN.
I know nobody has been banned yet, but there is the risk?
It's not really like installing CFW. You're just installing 2 custom files. Unless Sony is scanning files on your PS3 or rolls out an update to track us specifically, they probably aren't going to be able to tell.

But nobody knows for sure. Only Sony does. That said, nobody has been banned yet. It's been almost a year already, I think.
Image

Return to “MGO2 Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Latest Posts

Discord

Forum Theme