On the Drama - Jun 29, 2018

Site and server news.
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

On the Drama - Jun 29, 2018

Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:21 pm

Introduction

Recently, some questions and concerns have come up in regards to moderation and recent bans.

Seeing as more and more people are reading about this, I thought I'd respond to all these concerns.

Vax is permanently banned

A few people, especially Vax and his friends, have concerns over the ban that was administered.

As I've previously stated here ( viewtopic.php?f=11&t=774&p=7101&hilit=vax#p7101 ), neither we nor the community appreciates the negative influence that Vax has had on the community. As we move forward, our goal is to make the game more enjoyable for the community as a whole. As a result, we've updated our rules and have made them more clear, so people can be aware of what is and isn't allowed in the game. Overall, we simply want everyone to act more respectful these days, and not continue to allow the negative influences from the old server to plague this community.

In regards to this ban, we've given him many chances to change his behavior. He has decided not to. Therefore, he has been banned permanently.

People being banned by association

As stated in the rules here ( viewtopic.php?f=3&t=558 ), sharing accounts is against the rules. It isn't a reason to be banned, however, it is strongly discouraged as it puts you at a higher risk of being banned.

Our ban system is in place to make sure that people who are banned, stay banned. Without it, we would have cheaters running rampant in the game. Unfortunately, we have to take somewhat extreme measures like this, as we can't change the game to fix these issues as a developer traditionally would.

Anyone banned by association has done something which links them to someone who has been banned. We try to see that the system doesn't reach too far, to make sure people are only banned for directly being associated with someone else. We are confident in the bans that occur, seeing as very specific information is used to determine bans.

While a person banned by association may not have had anything to do with breaking the rules, we need to be thorough to ensure that banned people can't just hop back on the game by using their friend's account, or something similar.

Anyone banned by association, as stated in the rules, will not have their ban reversed. You've made the mistake of associating with bad people, that's on you.

Staff improperly administering the server

It's come to my attention, thanks to reports from various members, that some newer staff members are over-reaching in regards to issues, and using their powers improperly. We've brought up these issues with these people, to determine whether or not the actions and methods used were just, and what should be done differently in the future.

Unfortunately, some of these actions are the result of the new, stricter rules that have been put into place. The discussion between the staff is ongoing in regards to how to shape these rules, and how to properly act on them.

If a staff member consistently improperly administers the server, despite direction from the rest of the staff, they will be removed from the team. Whether or not we decide this, is ultimately up to the rest of the staff.

Storm's concerns and involvement

Storm has brought up his concerns here ( viewtopic.php?f=10&t=804 ).

For anyone unaware, Storm formally resigned from his position as of July 24, 2017, nearly a year ago.

Shortly after his resignation, I supposedly removed his administrative permissions. Yet he added them back. So I removed them again, thinking that perhaps I forgot to remove them the first time. And he added them back yet again. It turns out the role he created--which was supposedly decorative--gave him administrative privileges. I only learned about this issue yesterday and removed the offending permissions. This entire time, I was nice enough to let him keep the role he created. I guess that was a mistake.

The point of this is that Storm was not meant to have any special permissions since nearly a year ago. His topic was un-stickied because he should not have been able to sticky the topic in the first place.

As for his concerns, they are certainly valid. I've talked about most of what he's said already. However, he has rarely played the game since quitting and has not been aware of or involved with key people such as Vax and his friends. He has decided to defend individuals who many people don't want ruining the game. This situation was used as a way to discredit the older staff members which he did not approve of in the first place (when he decided to quit), the reasons of which are baseless and are a result of arguments from more than 4 years ago. His post, although seemingly helpful and critical, is misguided as a result of his extended vacation and personal grudges.

In closing

The changes in regards to the rules, community, and administration are here to make the game a better place to be. Without growth, the game will die. It's up to the community to decide whether or not they wish to continue to play the game. The staff is here to help, but needs time and practice to run the game in a fair manner.
AbuSadjid

Re: On the Drama - Jun 29, 2018

Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:13 pm

finally someone with brain ty ghz keep up my maaaannn
Mr Reaper

Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:29 pm

As long as the administration listens to the rest of the community's critics to at least improve itself and the rules by which we are bound, with strict yet controlled enforcement of the rules with moderation in mind in order not to be overly punishing, then things can quickly return to normal without any staff change. However, if this whole situation did not teach everyone something and the admins who provoked this whole situation did not learn anything from this to improve their behavior and work, then in that case some changes in management will be required.

I myself hope that everyone learns from this and try to improve themselves for the better of the community and the game we all enjoy to play.

Discussion in these forums has the purpose to help and improve everyone's involvement with this game, not divide and attack eachother.
Now I am become death, destroyer of worlds, let those who hath known my fury leave behind their mortal coil.
Fear The Reaper.
iPlayNaked

Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:39 pm

So, they still have cmd /kick rights? Great......
Handicap

Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:23 pm

So.... Do I stay banned 4 nothing? Lol.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:08 am

iPlayNaked wrote:
Sorry I tried
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:30 am

iPlayNaked wrote:
For now...
Abbas.Alrabia

Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:21 am

Ghz my dear

I like all things have been told, but im banned for nothing ( Associated with banned user ) we just play in one WiFi and i got banned, im in love with this community and i would like to play now.

So i think is better to unban some people as long they know the mistske and will not doing it again right ?
Handicap

Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:35 am

I was on wifi too when i got banned. But i have no reg AT all on lan, and terrible fps just unplayable. .. I kno that sounds stupid but its True
Handicap

Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:44 am

And btw theres no prove i have cheated. .. pls for an unban...

Return to “News”