RPCS3 emulator and MGO2?

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
FOXRFOX3

RPCS3 emulator and MGO2?

Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:13 pm

Hi uys I would like to know if you can play MGO2 via the RPCS3 emulator,WHEN YOU ARE STARTING TO START THE GAME, I HAVE THESE SHIOTS;
Spoiler:
The game seems to start, but I'm probably making a few mistakes. I also installed the firmware regtoolbox, but I can not put or anyway start this imaginary Cobra that asks me in the screen up here. I read your guides, but probably from ps3 is different, and on the pc there will be some other pocedimento to start MGO2 (always if you can do ...) you who say? it can be done??? I would like to go back to playing MGO2 after the server closed in 2012, but at the moment I do not have a PS3 available and I'm looking for an alternative way to do it.
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: RPCS3 emulator and MGO2?

Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:03 pm

FOXRFOX3 wrote:
Hi uys I would like to know if you can play MGO2 via the RPCS3 emulator,WHEN YOU ARE STARTING TO START THE GAME, I HAVE THESE SHIOTS;
Spoiler:
The game seems to start, but I'm probably making a few mistakes. I also installed the firmware regtoolbox, but I can not put or anyway start this imaginary Cobra that asks me in the screen up here. I read your guides, but probably from ps3 is different, and on the pc there will be some other pocedimento to start MGO2 (always if you can do ...) you who say? it can be done??? I would like to go back to playing MGO2 after the server closed in 2012, but at the moment I do not have a PS3 available and I'm looking for an alternative way to do it.
The launcher is designed for CFW users only. It isn't designed for the emulator.
MGS4 and MGO2 are not playable on the emulator yet. There is still more work to be done by the emulator developers before playing MGO is even a possibility.
FOXRFOX3

Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:28 am

GHzGangster wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:03 pm
FOXRFOX3 wrote:
Spoiler:
The launcher is designed for CFW users only. It isn't designed for the emulator.
MGS4 and MGO2 are not playable on the emulator yet. There is still more work to be done by the emulator developers before playing MGO is even a possibility.
okay brother, thank you so much for this clarification, at least now I know how things ^^. said this, maybe to see to play MGO1 through the pcsx2 emulator (I hope to succeed), better than nothing for now. GG
F-ZeroRacer07

Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:58 pm

You might wanna take a look here: https://github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/pull/4007

This should give you an idea why emulating MGS4 hasn't happened yet.
FOXRFOX3

Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:29 am

F-ZeroRacer07 wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:58 pm
You might wanna take a look here: https://github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/pull/4007

This should give you an idea why emulating MGS4 hasn't happened yet.
what one understands is simply that it takes many revisions and yet one is on the high seas for MGS4
TheAbyssOfTime

Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:25 am

I was actually thinking of that.... I wonder if it is possible 🤔

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”