A Network Error has Occurred

Ask for help, and find others with the same issue.
HidexHoldings

A Network Error has Occurred

Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:38 pm

Hi guys,

need some help. I decided to get on MGO2 today but I get an error when I accept the agreement. It tries to get into MGO to select the character but nothing happens and I get an error message about 10 seconds later saying "A Network Error has Occurred" and it takes me back to the title screen.

I found out there is a newer firmware update out so I updated the system and even reinstalled the game and put everything back to where it's supposed to be but i get the same error. Iv'e read online if you close the game and restart it then the error gets fixed but that hasn't worked for me.

I checked and the servers are up and about 100 people are playing right now so there is something wrong with the settings or something else is going on.

Keep in mind I've played this before a few weeks ago just fine but when I started the game today then it doesn't work so i doubt it's some setting that needs to be fixed because it was working just fine.

Do you guys know what to do? I would really appreciate it if someone knows how to get this working again.

Thanks in advance.
Derrik ∞ GHz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A Network Error has Occurred

Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:50 am

HidexHoldings wrote:
Hi guys,

need some help. I decided to get on MGO2 today but I get an error when I accept the agreement. It tries to get into MGO to select the character but nothing happens and I get an error message about 10 seconds later saying "A Network Error has Occurred" and it takes me back to the title screen.

I found out there is a newer firmware update out so I updated the system and even reinstalled the game and put everything back to where it's supposed to be but i get the same error. Iv'e read online if you close the game and restart it then the error gets fixed but that hasn't worked for me.

I checked and the servers are up and about 100 people are playing right now so there is something wrong with the settings or something else is going on.

Keep in mind I've played this before a few weeks ago just fine but when I started the game today then it doesn't work so i doubt it's some setting that needs to be fixed because it was working just fine.

Do you guys know what to do? I would really appreciate it if someone knows how to get this working again.

Thanks in advance.
Do you get an error after you accept the agreement, but before logging in? If so, then it's failing to get the game patch information. Make sure the date and time on your PS3 is correct.
HidexHoldings

Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:26 pm

Derrik ∞ GHz wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:50 am
HidexHoldings wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance.
Do you get an error after you accept the agreement, but before logging in? If so, then it's failing to get the game patch information. Make sure the date and time on your PS3 is correct.
Yes, i get an error after I accept the agreement but before logging in.

The time was incorrect as you said so I fixed that in the PS3 settings but I still get the same error in the same way.

Do I need to factory reset the PS3 and redo the whole process again?

Thanks again!
Derrik ∞ GHz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:32 am

HidexHoldings wrote:

The time was incorrect as you said so I fixed that in the PS3 settings but I still get the same error in the same way.

Thanks again!
No, that won't help.
You changed the date too, right?
Try to go here in your PS3 browser, it should say "hi". Type http and not https ... http://mgo2.savemgo.com/hi
HidexHoldings

Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:57 am

Derrik ∞ GHz wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:32 am
HidexHoldings wrote:

Thanks again!
No, that won't help.
You changed the date too, right?
Try to go here in your PS3 browser, it should say "hi". Type http and not https ... http://mgo2.savemgo.com/hi
Well the thing is that in the browser I can google anything but if i click on any link I will get an error. If I try to go to a website directly I will also get an error and it never works except googing thing. I can google things but not go to any websites directly.
Derrik ∞ GHz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:02 am

HidexHoldings wrote:
Well the thing is that in the browser I can google anything but if i click on any link I will get an error. If I try to go to a website directly I will also get an error and it never works except googing thing. I can google things but not go to any websites directly.
Go to the Internet Browser (that's what it's called, not Search), and press start to enter a url.
HidexHoldings

Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:54 am

Derrik ∞ GHz wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:02 am
HidexHoldings wrote:
Go to the Internet Browser (that's what it's called, not Search), and press start to enter a url.
Entering a url won't work like I said.
Derrik ∞ GHz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:18 am

HidexHoldings wrote:
Do you get an error code? Because if you do, I need to know the error code. It's not that you can't go to any site, it's that most sites aren't going to connect to the PS3 anymore.
HidexHoldings

Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:20 am

Derrik ∞ GHz wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:18 am
HidexHoldings wrote:
Do you get an error code? Because if you do, I need to know the error code. It's not that you can't go to any site, it's that most sites aren't going to connect to the PS3 anymore.
Yes, I get an error code. It says; "The page cannot be displayed. (80710a06)".
Derrik ∞ GHz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:13 pm

HidexHoldings wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:20 am
Yes, I get an error code. It says; "The page cannot be displayed. (80710a06)".
Make sure you type in the urls exactly. http works, https does not (don't put the s).

Return to “MGO2 Support”