Recording Question(s)

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
NuKiller

Recording Question(s)

Fri May 01, 2020 9:02 pm

Hey friends,
Just a couple quick recording questions here;

1.) What device do you prefer / use?
- I own an Elgato HD60 ... but for some reason I can not record MGO ( Jailbroken PS3, I do not remember the specifics.)

2.) How do you communicate with your team? Microphone in-game? Discord or other 3rd party chat?
- My friends and I are gearing up to get back into MGO and are currently brainstorming how to get the in-game audio in our ears and have comms simultaneously ...

*I would like to apologize in advance if this subject / topic is in the wrong area*

I would also like to note that I searched the forums for any tutorials and found one, but it seemed to be "broken" or "corrupt" ? I also searched youtube but had no luck there... maybe my inquires weren't worded correctly. ( I also searched "Record" in the forums search function. 53 returns mostly about reporting abuse...)

Any help is greatly appreciated, I have wanted to record MGO for years...

Thank you so much for your time and for being a great community, even if we are all a bunch of a-holes half the time talking that sweet whack-smack, you're all still my MGO family.

- Z

P.S: If anyone is ever interested in hosting a "serious" training room ( covering modern MGO tactics ) It would be neat to record that (especially someone who can record as well for multiple angles)

P.S.S: If "Cinematic MGO" sounds like something that interests you, I have a few skits plotted out for some MGO comedy shorts along with a couple other ideas... PM me if you're interested.
Derrik ∞ GHz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Recording Question(s)

Sat May 02, 2020 12:12 am

NuKiller wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 9:02 pm
Hey friends,
Just a couple quick recording questions here;

1.) What device do you prefer / use?
- I own an Elgato HD60 ... but for some reason I can not record MGO ( Jailbroken PS3, I do not remember the specifics.)

2.) How do you communicate with your team? Microphone in-game? Discord or other 3rd party chat?
- My friends and I are gearing up to get back into MGO and are currently brainstorming how to get the in-game audio in our ears and have comms simultaneously ...

*I would like to apologize in advance if this subject / topic is in the wrong area*

I would also like to note that I searched the forums for any tutorials and found one, but it seemed to be "broken" or "corrupt" ? I also searched youtube but had no luck there... maybe my inquires weren't worded correctly. ( I also searched "Record" in the forums search function. 53 returns mostly about reporting abuse...)

Any help is greatly appreciated, I have wanted to record MGO for years...

Thank you so much for your time and for being a great community, even if we are all a bunch of a-holes half the time talking that sweet whack-smack, you're all still my MGO family.

- Z

P.S: If anyone is ever interested in hosting a "serious" training room ( covering modern MGO tactics ) It would be neat to record that (especially someone who can record as well for multiple angles)

P.S.S: If "Cinematic MGO" sounds like something that interests you, I have a few skits plotted out for some MGO comedy shorts along with a couple other ideas... PM me if you're interested.
1. AverMedia ExtremeCap U3. Are you using an hdmi stripper though? If not, you won't be able to record the hdmi signal from the PS3. This is the one I got, but it may or may not work as products get changed since they're not legal. https://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Powered-S ... B004F9LVXC

2. Pretty much everyone uses Discord now. I connect audio to my pc using Line In jack, and listen back to it with a program called Voicemeeter. You should be able to find some good guides online.
NuKiller

Sat May 02, 2020 12:55 am

1. AverMedia ExtremeCap U3. Are you using an hdmi stripper though? If not, you won't be able to record the hdmi signal from the PS3. This is the one I got, but it may or may not work as products get changed since they're not legal. https://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Powered-S ... B004F9LVXC

2. Pretty much everyone uses Discord now. I connect audio to my pc using Line In jack, and listen back to it with a program called Voicemeeter. You should be able to find some good guides online.
Hey Double G Freshness!

Thank you so much for the wisdom and reply.

I do remember now that I needed a "Splitter" ... I also remember walking into Radio Shack back in 2013/14 asking for a splitter and the clerk said "that doesn't exist bro" ... I about-faced and left in one motion lol.

I do use voicemeeter when screen recording cubase! so that I am used to ( and OBS )

How is the audio latency when listening back to MGO? hopefully it isn't terrible :o
Derrik ∞ GHz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat May 02, 2020 5:00 pm

NuKiller wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 12:55 am
Hey Double G Freshness!

Thank you so much for the wisdom and reply.

I do remember now that I needed a "Splitter" ... I also remember walking into Radio Shack back in 2013/14 asking for a splitter and the clerk said "that doesn't exist bro" ... I about-faced and left in one motion lol.

I do use voicemeeter when screen recording cubase! so that I am used to ( and OBS )

How is the audio latency when listening back to MGO? hopefully it isn't terrible :o
I use WDM and I don't notice any significant latency.
As for the splitter, that is what you want, but you specifically want a "stripper" that strips the hdmi protection. Most splitters exist and will keep the protection, but the sketchier ones won't. Those are the ones you want, like the one I linked. Just keep that in mind.

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”