I'm about to buy a PS3 and MGS4 just to get back to MGO and I have some questions

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
TrevorGage

I'm about to buy a PS3 and MGS4 just to get back to MGO and I have some questions

Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:15 am

I know there is a site with guides but:

how is the connection of the game now?

how fast of a internet I need to play with 3 green pings ?

where is the server located ?

I will be playing from Brazil, reverse phone lookupnba redditpcpartpicker in a state called Acre where when we compare latency with those who play in São Paulo, we get 64 - 88 ms while people in São Paulo get 1 - 20 ms in online games, that being said, will it affect my connection performance with others ?

Although we have more latency, I have about 240Mbits (24 - 30M/B's with overhead) Download and 20Mbits (2M/B) upload, is it enough ?

Thanks in advance;)
Last edited by TrevorGage on Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
president trump

Re: I'm about to buy a PS3 and MGS4 just to get back to MGO and I have some questions

Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:27 am

Most of the matches played will be with international players.

Connection depends on the players playing, and their various network/upload settings.

Server is located in Canada, though it has no impact in-game as the matches are p2p.

Ping is definitely a factor in the game, whether you're green or not though depends on your distance from the host. Your net will be good enough, but you may experience lag depending on the rooms you join.
I've resigned. I am no longer involved with SaveMGO.

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”