I want to get into MGO2

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
TristanBennett

I want to get into MGO2

Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:46 am

But theres the obvious problem of the community being toxic. How should I go about it? I'm not gonna outright not play it, because I wanted to play it for a long time, I spent some money on it too. Can I make a casual match and anyone who acts toxic just gets kicked or something??fedloan irs.gov easybib
Last edited by TristanBennett on Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mumra2k
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I want to get into MGO2

Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:22 am

TristanBennett wrote:
But theres the obvious problem of the community being toxic. How should I go about it? I'm not gonna outright not play it, because I wanted to play it for a long time, I spent some money on it too. Can I make a casual match and anyone who acts toxic just gets kicked or something??
Hi Tristan,

First of all, welcome back <WB> from those of us at staff who feel the same way I do. I’m glad you’ve decided to take the plunge, taking both your time and money to enjoy one of the best online 3rd person shooters ever made.
TristanBennett wrote:
Can I make a casual match and anyone who acts toxic just gets kicked or something??
The short answer is, ‘sort of’, but mostly ‘no, not in the way you’d think’. Your best bet is to vote kick and depending on the result, stay and ignore them, or leave to re-host/join another game.

Long answer:
Let’s say you’ve created a room and people have joined, and you have a toxic player ruining the gaming experience for all involved. What are your options?

Let’s discuss a few common scenarios:
  1. Were they toxic only in their language? If the answer is ‘yes’:
    Mute them in-game so you are unable to read their in-game texts and carry on playing. Encourage others who feel affected to do the same
  2. Are they being toxic in their behaviour?
    If so, then the most you can do here is vote to kick. If votes do not go your way, there’s not much more option other than to first block that character, in-game (before) quitting as host and re-hosting the game again in hopes that players will join you. By the way, there’s no guarantee that players will rejoin you. They may decide to join other rooms in the time it takes you to re-host. Perhaps, before re-hosting, tell the existing players that you plan to re-host. Then hope for the best.
  3. The player is breaking game mechanics (ie. glitching)
    This is generally speaking a banning offence. Before doing option 2 as described above, help the community out by gathering evidence, video recording is best, use your mobile phone (if you do not have a capture card device) to record the offence in question, make note of the name of the lobby and the time in which it happened. With all of this evidence, let staff know who will take care of it from there.
Hope this helps.
president trump

Re: I want to get into MGO2

Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:50 pm

Firstly, please kindly fuck right off Mumra. If this guy had any idea of what you did to players like him he'd be categorizing you as part of the toxic-prick problem on this game.
TristanBennett wrote:
But theres the obvious problem of the community being toxic. How should I go about it? I'm not gonna outright not play it, because I wanted to play it for a long time, I spent some money on it too. Can I make a casual match and anyone who acts toxic just gets kicked or something??
Secondly, unfortunately, toxic players (like Mumra) are an aspect of the community that will never truly go away. Sure, you can try to kick them, you can try to block them. But there's not limit to the amount of characters or accounts they can have; the "administrators" of this game are some of the worst members this community has had to offer. Even then, the community is so small now (under 100, maybe even under 50 players a day for most regions), you pretty much have to play with the toxic players, the noob players, the tryhard players, whatever, else you will become one of the assholes ruining the fun for someone else.

I do not recommend you play, not at all. The aggravation you will experience here is not worth it.
I've resigned. I am no longer involved with SaveMGO.

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”