Will MGO2 ever be shut down??

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
PeaceWalker

Will MGO2 ever be shut down??

Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:26 am

Until my dying days I will always be grateful for the people behind MGO2R for bringing back the best online game in my life!

I never thought I'd be able to play it again since the official cancellation of its servers in 2012. Although I knew about it being playable through CFW, I knew I wouldn't be able to play it due to me being a caveman and not knowing how to jailbait my ps3! Lol

Now that I play MGO2R thanks to OFW, I have a horrible question to ask: Will MGO2R ever be shut down? I mean, I'm not sure exactly how you brilliant geniuses got the servers even back in the first place but will it ever be shut down in a couple of years?

How exactly does the server run? Is it something as simple as just keeping the "switch" turned on or is it a constant struggle to maintain the server?

I'd hate to wake up one day, log on to MGO2 and see a news message telling me that the server would be shutting down soon etc.

Again thanks for all your dedication and time to ensure we play this game again. For some people, it's just a game. For others like myself, it's something more.
Derrik ∞ GHz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Will MGO2 ever be shut down??

Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:18 am

PeaceWalker wrote:
Until my dying days I will always be grateful for the people behind MGO2R for bringing back the best online game in my life!

I never thought I'd be able to play it again since the official cancellation of its servers in 2012. Although I knew about it being playable through CFW, I knew I wouldn't be able to play it due to me being a caveman and not knowing how to jailbait my ps3! Lol

Now that I play MGO2R thanks to OFW, I have a horrible question to ask: Will MGO2R ever be shut down? I mean, I'm not sure exactly how you brilliant geniuses got the servers even back in the first place but will it ever be shut down in a couple of years?

How exactly does the server run? Is it something as simple as just keeping the "switch" turned on or is it a constant struggle to maintain the server?

I'd hate to wake up one day, log on to MGO2 and see a news message telling me that the server would be shutting down soon etc.

Again thanks for all your dedication and time to ensure we play this game again. For some people, it's just a game. For others like myself, it's something more.
It's very easy to keep up. I just pay for the server, make sure I delete files every once in a while and it's all good.
Not going to be shut down any time soon. If I didn't want to keep up with it, then I would probably transfer ownership and/or release everything needed to get the game running.
naive

Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:12 pm

Can i ask Santa Claus GHZ for a gift of MGO on pc.
Guriqbal Singh Diosee

Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:48 pm

Hi I just love mgo 2 I just wanna know when will be the next tournament or survival
PeaceWalker

Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:18 am

Derrik ∞ GHz wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:18 am
PeaceWalker wrote:

It's very easy to keep up. I just pay for the server, make sure I delete files every once in a while and it's all good.
Not going to be shut down any time soon. If I didn't want to keep up with it, then I would probably transfer ownership and/or release everything needed to get the game running.
You pay? Wow. Such dedication! Good to know it won't be shut down anytime soon! Almost twelve years later and I still love this damn game!

It still amazes me to this day how you guys even got MGO2 back! But whatever you're doing, keep it up! Its much appreciated by everyone :)

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”