There's no stopping people like lag.

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
Dawg

There's no stopping people like lag.

Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:07 pm

Hi there.
How do you guys get your PS3s to download quicker without using a cable? On my phone I download at 145mps and upload at 20mps, yet on my laptop (which should be the same as the PS3) downloads at 31mps and uploads 16mps, and latency on both is about 15ms.
Is there anything you can do in settings to make it better? It doesn't lag for me but other people says it does when I host.
Thanks guys.
Derrik ∞ GHz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: There's no stopping people like lag.

Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:41 am

Dawg wrote:
Hi there.
How do you guys get your PS3s to download quicker without using a cable? On my phone I download at 145mps and upload at 20mps, yet on my laptop (which should be the same as the PS3) downloads at 31mps and uploads 16mps, and latency on both is about 15ms.
Is there anything you can do in settings to make it better? It doesn't lag for me but other people says it does when I host.
Thanks guys.
The PS3 network card is just plain bad. I think part of the problem is that it shares wifi with bluetooth, at least I heard this somewhere.
This game, at the very least, just doesn't work well on wifi. I would suggest everyone play on wired, the difference is night and day.
If you don't want to run a cable to your PS3, maybe you can run it to something else, like a laptop.
Dawg

Re: There's no stopping people like lag.

Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:02 am

Derrik ∞ GHz wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:41 am
Dawg wrote:
Hi there.
Thanks guys.
The PS3 network card is just plain bad. I think part of the problem is that it shares wifi with bluetooth, at least I heard this somewhere.
This game, at the very least, just doesn't work well on wifi. I would suggest everyone play on wired, the difference is night and day.
If you don't want to run a cable to your PS3, maybe you can run it to something else, like a laptop.
Thanks for your reply. That's kind of what I thought as well, plus the PS3 is almost 14 years old. I don't have much problem playing it's more hosting, well that's at least what others say. I'll have to look up how to connect the laptop and PS3 up.
Thanks again. :)

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”