R.I.P MGO. Ruined by a virgin community.

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
Derrik ∞ GHz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re:

Tue May 12, 2020 11:52 pm

Guriqbal Singh Diosee wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 11:07 pm
For the mgo 2 links do put them in the Usb straight or you create a folder or something
You do not need to hack your PS3.
Please follow the guide, it will show you what to do with the files.
Guriqbal Singh Diosee

hey was wondering what is multi men

Fri May 15, 2020 3:47 am

Derrik ∞ GHz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: hey was wondering what is multi men

Sun May 17, 2020 3:47 am

Guriqbal Singh Diosee wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 3:47 am
It does a lot of stuff. Look it up on YouTube.
KindaCursed

Re: R.I.P MGO. Ruined by a virgin community.

Mon May 18, 2020 7:46 am

Hi,

I just came to play this game since along time ago because of my friends told me about it, so we can play with each other.
Anyway I was in my friend room which is Yuna " TSNE ROOM " the tk is allowed there because its one of his " Rules ", However, I tked one guy for fun just to see his reaction. " his name was Slayer " people call him "Abo Manaf " and after that I got disconnected I tried to log in but I couldnt because he BANNED ME I guess.

the question is now, is there people out there banning other people for just having fun because they dont like what happened to them ?

another question, was it a mistake or he really banned me for that reason which " It does NOT seem fair at all " I played with the host rules and he wasnt the host.

I just wanna know if there is a system who will take some good actions or should I just stfu :D ?

thank you
Derrik ∞ GHz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue May 19, 2020 11:21 pm

KindaCursed wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 7:46 am
Hi,

I just came to play this game since along time ago because of my friends told me about it, so we can play with each other.
Anyway I was in my friend room which is Yuna " TSNE ROOM " the tk is allowed there because its one of his " Rules ", However, I tked one guy for fun just to see his reaction. " his name was Slayer " people call him "Abo Manaf " and after that I got disconnected I tried to log in but I couldnt because he BANNED ME I guess.

the question is now, is there people out there banning other people for just having fun because they dont like what happened to them ?

another question, was it a mistake or he really banned me for that reason which " It does NOT seem fair at all " I played with the host rules and he wasnt the host.

I just wanna know if there is a system who will take some good actions or should I just stfu :D ?

thank you
Don't TK, I don't care what host says.
If you were disconnected from game and can't log in, you were banned. But he can't ban, and it doesn't sound like you were, I don't know what your issue was.
ObeyMyEgo

Wed May 20, 2020 5:36 pm

Been gone forever. But what you're saying is. Even if a hosts puts tking allowed into th description, you won't allow it and will ban people for doing so?
Derrik ∞ GHz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu May 21, 2020 12:24 am

ObeyMyEgo wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:36 pm
Been gone forever. But what you're saying is. Even if a hosts puts tking allowed into th description, you won't allow it and will ban people for doing so?
Depends on situation. But I don't keep track of what's in the description, so whatever is there I really can't take into consideration. Not to mention hosts can just change description whenever they want.
iihandle

Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:10 am

This game is a joke.
With all due respect, is this for real? People are taking this dead game seriously still? What the fuck is wrong with these people?
In my opinion - MGO2R is a waste of effort, some things are better off dead. The community of MGO is toxic and is the reason the game died. Ever wondered how many of the current players were former cheaters? Why has nothing been done about that? Where is the justice?
Noone is friendly, got kicked 3 times out of the 3 times I managed to find a normal server. Was 9 years away, I am an old player from EU server. First few hours back that is what I see? Go fuck yourselves (implied to the toxic element of the community), people taking a dead game way too seriously, playerbase is a proof of that. What, are there even 100 active players? Ever thought why is that the case? Stats should've been disabled. Problem solved, but obviously the admin team is too out of touch. Shame really, after all this time I thought I would be happy, however I am sad. Advice to admins - with all due respect, you're out of touch with what the community needs. You had the chance of doing things better than KONAMI but this site fucked up.
Shame, real shame.
Gamer12m

Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:56 pm

iihandle wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:10 am
This game is a joke.
With all due respect, is this for real? People are taking this dead game seriously still? What the fuck is wrong with these people?
In my opinion - MGO2R is a waste of effort, some things are better off dead. The community of MGO is toxic and is the reason the game died. Ever wondered how many of the current players were former cheaters? Why has nothing been done about that? Where is the justice?
Noone is friendly, got kicked 3 times out of the 3 times I managed to find a normal server. Was 9 years away, I am an old player from EU server. First few hours back that is what I see? Go fuck yourselves (implied to the toxic element of the community), people taking a dead game way too seriously, playerbase is a proof of that. What, are there even 100 active players? Ever thought why is that the case? Stats should've been disabled. Problem solved, but obviously the admin team is too out of touch. Shame really, after all this time I thought I would be happy, however I am sad. Advice to admins - with all due respect, you're out of touch with what the community needs. You had the chance of doing things better than KONAMI but this site fucked up.
Shame, real shame.
That's actually a tough call to remove the leveling system because most of the players playing MGO2R today in fact do care and want the leveling system to remain. So much so that they pushed to bring back character stats. And as for the community it's always been toxic. Just avoid the toxic people, host your own room. Not to be a dick but you can't join a room full of known toxic players and expect them to be on their best behavior for little ole you. And for the player base that's a whole new matter that deserves it's own topic for discussion, ranging from past admin abuse, to being kicked on the spot for being a low level. But understand if you're a low leveled player and you join a room with players much better at the game, you're just going to get stomped on and personally I've witnessed more returning players quit because they're getting murdered by higher ranked players and can't get a kill than I have seen quit because they got kicked from a higher ranked room. I recommend hosting your own low level friendly room, or simply wait for a room that isn't full of level 16+ players. There's a few players who host low leveled rooms, or rooms with no stats but it's not common. Maybe you can become one of them and make a few friends in the process. At least once a month someone comes here and complains about being kicked from a higher ranked room, and to them I say "Well don't join a high ranked room". Admins have no control over the level limit players and hosts want in their rooms, and to take away the leveling system could do more harm than good, and is not fair to the mass majority of players that still care about levels. At the end of the day MGO is a competitive game, so there's going to be players that take it seriously. But to come on here and say it's a waste of effort is a spit in the face to everyone who worked hard, putting in hours just to bring MGO2 back. I understand you're upset, but don't shit all over the people who put in long hours to bring this game back because your feelings are hurt about being kicked out of a few rooms. The only way I see to fix this and to make MGO2R more returning player friendly is to hand out every character at the very least a level 15, instead of a level 10. That way returning players can still play in these higher ranked rooms without it effecting the levels of higher ranked players and maybe they won't be so quick to kick. If you lose the level 15 and can't find a room, make another account and get another level 15 character so you're more welcomed into higher ranked rooms again. But then there's the issue of bad players just feeding other players points and levels, but that would open the gate to making MGO2R more welcoming to returning players. But then another issue might come up, the level 16s are now all level 18s and kicking level 15's thanks to the level feeding, but lets be honest, most players can barely hold down a 16, so I don't think that'll be an issue. Anyways I'm off to buy a new truck. Best of luck.
- Gamer12m
Derrik ∞ GHz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:14 am

Gamer12m wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:56 pm
Good response.
Yes, raising the default level would just raise all levels. But even when everyone was level 0, you could still tell who's the worst in the room. It'll just take a little bit longer.
The biggest issue for the less-skilled players is the low player count. More players would mean more less-skilled players in general. But outside of some heavy advertising, the player count is going to be difficult to get up. Many older games have this issue, not just MGO.

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”