PSN account in danger while using CFW???

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
SaveMGO
Site Admin
Site Admin

PSN account in danger while using CFW???

Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:03 pm

spam post
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
president trump

Re: PSN account in danger while using CFW???

Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:19 pm

There's primarily two ways to play:
CFW: "Custom Firmware", aka "jailbroken". For jailbroken consoles it is not recommended to use PSN. (PSN is not necessary to play.)
OFW: "Official Firmware", aka "any normal console". PSN is required, however, playing MGO2R is safe. I, and many others, have played this way for several years with no problems.
There's a third way to play which is a cross between OFW and CFW, but it's a newer method and not necessarily as proven safe as the two I've already explained.

PSN+ is not required for PS3 gaming. You could just make a secondary PSN and add your friends to that one. Keeps your primary account safe, and you get MGO2R on PSN. Best of both worlds.

Though, it should also be noted that I don't recommend you bother joining. The community is really bad.
I've resigned. I am no longer involved with SaveMGO.
Griffo

Thu May 07, 2020 3:24 pm

Trump, could you elaborate on the third way that is cross between OFW and CFW? Is that the method that is described in this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9d4ij88XME

As this is the method that I've recently used, and I have my main PSN account connected to the console. A little worried.

Cheers,
Griffo
Derrik ∞ GHz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sun May 10, 2020 6:28 pm

Griffo wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 3:24 pm
Trump, could you elaborate on the third way that is cross between OFW and CFW? Is that the method that is described in this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9d4ij88XME

As this is the method that I've recently used, and I have my main PSN account connected to the console. A little worried.

Cheers,
Griffo
The third thing he's talking about is HEN.

This is basically Official Firmware with the ability to use Custom Firmware features.
You would install HEN tools, and use the CFW MGO2 Launcher. You would not need to use PSN to play MGO with this method.
I would not suggest using PSN at all if you're using CFW or HEN. But it's up to you.

The method you linked has been safe for about 3 years now. Nobody has been banned directly because of this, as far as we know.
Of course, if you're really worried, I would suggest getting another PS3 just for MGO. But that's up to you.

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”