Error PSN with MGO OFW (4.84)

Ask for help, and find others with the same issue.
LuigiPocho

Error PSN with MGO OFW (4.84)

Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:56 pm

Hi, I state that I am an Italian user, and therefore the English translation may be low level, but I hope to have some help.
Today, after more than a year following your site, I realize that there is a tutorial to install MGO2 on OFW if you have version 4.84 or earlier.
I am the owner of a 250GB PS3 Slim, with the first launch model MGS4, and a 4.84 FW on the ps3.
So I proceed to the tutorial, install the FW 4.84 Hybrid on my ps3, delete my MGS4 data, re-install MGS4, start the disk Check from the reported site, start MGS4, install the game, and go to Metal Gear Online , not starting the update to 2.00, once I get to the MGO screen, I close the application, and install the version of MGO 1.01 through the site, I close the site again, and start again MGS4 and then MGO, once it arrives at MGO screen, I go to start, start game, and there is a problem.
That is, the PS3 asks me to log in to the PSN, which I can't do, because the FW 4.84 does not give you access to the PSN, but asks you to update the firmware.
At this point I can not continue, and even if I crush O, I return to the title screen, I also tried to do all the steps again, but I can not find a solution ..
I ask you for help, I have been waiting for years to replay at MGO, and now that I am one step away from succeeding, I am stuck.
Hoping you can help me, I thank you in advance.
Greetings, Luigi..
Derrik ∞ GHz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Error PSN with MGO OFW (4.84)

Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:31 pm

LuigiPocho wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:56 pm
Hi, I state that I am an Italian user, and therefore the English translation may be low level, but I hope to have some help.
Today, after more than a year following your site, I realize that there is a tutorial to install MGO2 on OFW if you have version 4.84 or earlier.
I am the owner of a 250GB PS3 Slim, with the first launch model MGS4, and a 4.84 FW on the ps3.
So I proceed to the tutorial, install the FW 4.84 Hybrid on my ps3, delete my MGS4 data, re-install MGS4, start the disk Check from the reported site, start MGS4, install the game, and go to Metal Gear Online , not starting the update to 2.00, once I get to the MGO screen, I close the application, and install the version of MGO 1.01 through the site, I close the site again, and start again MGS4 and then MGO, once it arrives at MGO screen, I go to start, start game, and there is a problem.
That is, the PS3 asks me to log in to the PSN, which I can't do, because the FW 4.84 does not give you access to the PSN, but asks you to update the firmware.
At this point I can not continue, and even if I crush O, I return to the title screen, I also tried to do all the steps again, but I can not find a solution ..
I ask you for help, I have been waiting for years to replay at MGO, and now that I am one step away from succeeding, I am stuck.
Hoping you can help me, I thank you in advance.
Greetings, Luigi..
I updated the description of the tutorial to include the 4.85 HFW. You can update to that and continue the guide.
At this point though, you can probably skip 4.85 HFW and just install 4.85 OFW, if you don't want to keep HFW installed.

Return to “MGO2 Support”