refresh rate (hz)

Ask for help, and find others with the same issue.
Salem

refresh rate (hz)

Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:13 pm

I just broke my monitor and im wiling to buy a new one, what monitor size, refresh rate do you guys recommend for better gameplay in mgo? I dont mind helping but i would like a logical answers Based on experience, knowledge and all. Thank you.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: refresh rate (hz)

Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:30 pm

https://www.amazon.ca/BenQ-Console-eSpo ... 2B1ms&th=1 this is what i use. you want to find something with a low responds time. 1MS is Best
president trump

Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:32 pm

I dont think TVs/monitors make much of a difference. As long as you have the TV set to gaming mode you're probably going to be fine, at least for MGO. I'd be more concerned with the ping times (which are a far greater amount of ms lag than a screen). I suppose the possible input delays on a screen should also be considered as well, however, "gaming mode" is supposed to help with that.
I've resigned. I am no longer involved with SaveMGO.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:18 am

president trump wrote:
I dont think TVs/monitors make much of a difference. As long as you have the TV set to gaming mode you're probably going to be fine, at least for MGO. I'd be more concerned with the ping times (which are a far greater amount of ms lag than a screen). I suppose the possible input delays on a screen should also be considered as well, however, "gaming mode" is supposed to help with that.
please do research on input lag before posting miss information.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Input_lag just for you storm
president trump

Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:44 am

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:18 am
president trump wrote:
please do research on input lag before posting miss information.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Input_lag just for you
I've plugged in my PS3 and played MGO on a 4K TV before and there was a noticeable delay between my controller presses and what happened on-screen, until I set the TV into "game mode". Perhaps my post wasn't clear but my points still stand: 1) use "game mode" when possible, 2) the game networking, including the in-game animation problems (intentional or not), is a much larger consideration than TV/monitor refresh rates are.
I've resigned. I am no longer involved with SaveMGO.

Return to “MGO2 Support”