MGS4 DLC Server

A place to discuss any Metal Gear games, please avoid or at least warn about spoilers.
DarkJaguar

Re: MGS4 DLC Server

Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:15 am

I have CHAIR RACE on my PS3. The thing is, it doesn't appear in my download history, but it's available to play in-game anyway.
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:00 am

DarkJaguar wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:15 am
I have CHAIR RACE on my PS3. The thing is, it doesn't appear in my download history, but it's available to play in-game anyway.
What firmware on you on? You aren't on the latest 4.83, are you?
A785001

Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:16 pm

Hi, i just registered to report that a couple of DLC songs are lacking parts of the descriptions, they're cut after a couple of words in most cases. Examples:

- Love Theme ~hum version~
- On the Edge
- Leo! Leo!
- La Clown
- Arsenal's Guts
- Everything Begins
- Ray
- At Dawn
- VR TRAINING
- FATHER AND SON

Their full descriptions can be found in the Metal Gear Wiki though.

EDIT: some OctoCamos have the same problem, too:

- LAUGHING CAMO
- RAGING CAMO
- CRYING CAMO
- SCREAMING CAMO

Also, when did you add the "Guns of the HIDECHAN!Radio 02" thing? It wasn't there the last time i downloaded the podcasts. And not sure if it is intended but "MGS4 Integral Podcast 05" doesn't say that it is the third episode, unlike the others.

EDIT 2: again, some podcasts are lacking their descriptions, too: 10, 11, 12, and probably others, don't want to check. They're all here: https://www.giantbomb.com/metal-gear-so ... 030-20669/
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:30 am

A785001 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:16 pm
Hi, i just registered to report that a couple of DLC songs are lacking parts of the descriptions, they're cut after a couple of words in most cases. Examples:

- Love Theme ~hum version~
- On the Edge
- Leo! Leo!
- La Clown
- Arsenal's Guts
- Everything Begins
- Ray
- At Dawn
- VR TRAINING
- FATHER AND SON

Their full descriptions can be found in the Metal Gear Wiki though.

EDIT: some OctoCamos have the same problem, too:

- LAUGHING CAMO
- RAGING CAMO
- CRYING CAMO
- SCREAMING CAMO

Also, when did you add the "Guns of the HIDECHAN!Radio 02" thing? It wasn't there the last time i downloaded the podcasts. And not sure if it is intended but "MGS4 Integral Podcast 05" doesn't say that it is the third episode, unlike the others.

EDIT 2: again, some podcasts are lacking their descriptions, too: 10, 11, 12, and probably others, don't want to check. They're all here: https://www.giantbomb.com/metal-gear-so ... 030-20669/
Fixed the cutoff issue.

Right now, I'm trying to add a region selector so you can switch between US and JP DLC on-the-fly.
I can't just add them to the integral podcast tab, since it's too many items and crashes the game.
It might error out normal operation while I work on it, so keep that in mind.
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:47 am

Just an update. I'm done with my changes.

You can now switch between NA and JP in the Octocamo menu.

Let me know if you have any more issues, thanks.

I'm aware that the menu doesn't work for all versions of the game. Still haven't been able to look into that.
Lorath87

Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:58 pm

Hello again, i'm the guy from a couple of posts above that reported the missing descriptions for the DLCs. I already lost my other account because i put some random stuff in it, is it possible to merge this account with the other one (and keep the login info for this because i no longer remember the other one)? Or just the posts so it could return as mine? Sorry for the inconvenience, i hope you'll understand.

Anyway thanks for fixing all the issues. What happened, exactly? Problems with special characters? And how does the region switching work? Can i use both Japanese and English podcasts at the same time? When i switch regions (from what i've seen, you have to choose the option, get the "network error", exit the DLC download page, re-enter, and see the other region, is this correct?) from US to Japan the iPod reports that i have 37 items, because the English podcasts aren't counted when you're in the Japan region, and vice-versa.
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:50 am

Lorath87 wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:58 pm
Hello again, i'm the guy from a couple of posts above that reported the missing descriptions for the DLCs. I already lost my other account because i put some random stuff in it, is it possible to merge this account with the other one (and keep the login info for this because i no longer remember the other one)? Or just the posts so it could return as mine? Sorry for the inconvenience, i hope you'll understand.

Anyway thanks for fixing all the issues. What happened, exactly? Problems with special characters? And how does the region switching work? Can i use both Japanese and English podcasts at the same time? When i switch regions (from what i've seen, you have to choose the option, get the "network error", exit the DLC download page, re-enter, and see the other region, is this correct?) from US to Japan the iPod reports that i have 37 items, because the English podcasts aren't counted when you're in the Japan region, and vice-versa.
The special characters were converted automatically, in the wrong way, when the files were transferred or edited at some point. So once the game hit one of those special characters (the single and double curved quotation marks), it threw away the rest of the text.

Also, Integral Podcast 05 is missing the "this is the x episode" text because they hit the text limit, so it was omitted.

Yes, you can use both podcasts in-game at the same time. At least, I was able to when I checked in the Virtual Range. I only had 2 downloaded though, there may be a limit on how many it shows.

You are correct on how to switch regions. I can't make it easier than that, unfortunately. Not without integrating it on some external web page.

Return to “Shadow Moses”