Loading Patches Without Cycling Tray?

Find tutorials, ask for help, and find others with similar issues.
dan12343

Loading Patches Without Cycling Tray?

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:26 am

i have a ps2 slim, but the lid is broken off so i cant cycle the tray after loading the patcher program from FMCB

is there a way to patch MGS3 without cycling the disc tray?

if theres not, how well does MGS3 run off of an SD card using a USB card reader?

Haven't played MGO1 in a long time due to this problem so it'd be nice to get it straightened out
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Loading Patches Without Cycling Tray?

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:28 am

dan12343 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:26 am
i have a ps2 slim, but the lid is broken off so i cant cycle the tray after loading the patcher program from FMCB

is there a way to patch MGS3 without cycling the disc tray?

if theres not, how well does MGS3 run off of an SD card using a USB card reader?

Haven't played MGO1 in a long time due to this problem so it'd be nice to get it straightened out
You could load the game from USB. It's going to be slower than the hard drive would be on a Phat though, it's USB 1.1.
dan12343

Re: Loading Patches Without Cycling Tray?

Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:58 am

i ripped mgs3s persistance and OPL wont show the iso, so i have to get that straightened out. might be because im using a USB SD interface

but how do you apply the patches via the patcher i installed to my memory card? does it support this?. I havent updated my mgo1 loader binary on my memory card since 2014 so not sure if theres a newer version

i think you guys should really attempt an mgs3 server requiring no patches. if thats not possible could you elaborate why? it wouldnt be so much for people with broken slim lids, but for people with backwards compatible PS3s. being able to play MGO1 on my BC 40gb would be off the wall dude

Return to “MGO1 Support”