[PCSX2] The MRP (MGO, Ready-to-Play) package!

Find tutorials, ask for help, and find others with similar issues.
User avatar
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 796
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 5:21 am

[PCSX2] The MRP (MGO, Ready-to-Play) package!

Tue May 17, 2016 6:27 am

Originally posted by KirbyFox.

The MRP (MGO, Ready-to-Play) package!
(Just add game and PS2 BIOS, and a snack preferably!)

Download via Imagenetz: http://www.imagenetz.de/fda24b242/PCSX2 ... x.rar.html

I've taken the liberty to compile a PCSX 2 package for everyone who's having difficulties to get it running on their PCs, with everything you need to play!

Contents of the pack:
- The PCSX 2 emulator
- A memory card file, containing a already configured network file (named "MGO")
- The necessary cheats already integrated as .pnach file (01B2FA7F.pnach)
- GiGaHeRz's DEV9 Driver 0.3.0
- Redcode Interactive's GS Plugin (SSE2 & SSSE3)
- WinPcap 4.1.3
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Redistributable

What you will need:
- A legitimate copy of Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (Disc 2: Persistence, SLUS-212.43)
- A legitimate dump of your PS2 BIOS (NTSC-U)
(Placed in their respective folders "Iso" and "Bios", but you can play MGO from your disk as well if you like)

How to get this running:
Preparation: Install WinPcap and the Visual Studio redist pack if you haven't done it already, these are necessary for PCSX 2 to run and to play MGO!

Step 1: Unpack the .rar file, and start the emulator.
Step 2: Upon start, it will prompt you to configure the plugins, do so.
Step 3: Click on "Configure..." next to the DEV9 driver, enable the Ethernet Adaptor, and choose "pcap bridge:" as your ethernet device.
Step 4: Choose your BIOS, depending on what version you have, you need the respective BIOS (For PAL, you need a PAL BIOS, for NTSC-J... You get the idea).
NOTICE: PAL versions of MGO CANNOT play with NTSC versions of the game! NTSC-U and NTSC-J versions although can be played with each other!
Step 5: In the small PCSX 2 main window, click on "System", then on "Enable Cheats".

We're almost ready to go! Now it's up to you how you want to play MGO, either via disc, or .iso file.

Via disc:
Step 6a: Click on "Config" -> "Plugin/BIOS Selector" -> "Configure..." next to the CDVD plugin, and choose your physical CD/DVD drive as source.
Step 7a: Now click on "CDVD" -> "Plugin", now it will use your drive as source, and you can start up the game!

Via .iso file:
Step 6b: Click on "CDVD" -> "Iso Selector" -> "Browse...", and load your .iso file.
Step 7b: Now click on "System" -> "Boot CDVD (fast)", this skips the PS2 BIOS, saving the unnecessary configuration of it.

In game:
Step 8: Enter "Online Mode", and load the data from Memory Card slot 1, then press "Play using detailed settings".
Step 8O: If you want, you can adjust your upstream by going to "Network Settings" first (between 96 and 512kbps).
Step 9: Now press "Connect to Network", and agree with the terms, when prompted, use the "MGO" network config file.
Step 10: When connected, choose "Choose from account list", and create an account for the game, you can create up to three accounts!

You're now ready to play MGO! Have fun!

PS: This package can also be used, to create dedicated servers for the game, just enable the "Host Only" option, when creating a game!

If there are any questions, just post them in here, I'll try to answer them as good as I can.

FAQ & Troubleshooting:
Error 406: "The saved "Your Network Configuration File" was created on a different PlayStation(R)2 console and cannot be used."
Solution: You're most likely using the wrong BIOS, try using at least a NTSC-U BIOS, or the one I used.

Error -610: "Connection to the DNAS server failed."
Solution: You forgot to turn on the cheats, these are necessary to bypass the DNAS check.

Error 519:179: "Cannot create game in the current network environment."
Solution: Either enable port forwarding in your router, or open up these ports: UDP: 5730 Private, 80 Public.

DNS addresses:
192.3.217.61 / 192.3.217.162
Mollic
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:00 pm

Re: [PCSX2] The MRP (MGO, Ready-to-Play) package!

Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:58 pm

any help for " Network connection aborted. ( 428 ) error when trying to connect in game?

edit: aight i'm getting UDP error (518:1024) error now...
User avatar
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 796
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 5:21 am

Re: [PCSX2] The MRP (MGO, Ready-to-Play) package!

Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:40 am

Mollic wrote:any help for " Network connection aborted. ( 428 ) error when trying to connect in game?

edit: aight i'm getting UDP error (518:1024) error now...
That network connection error is because of some network misconfiguration, most likely your IP is taken by something else, or you're using your computer's IP. It could also be that the network interface your chose isn't good to use.

That UDP error is pretty much the same I think. Just make sure that you're setting a static IP address in PCSX2, that isn't being taken by anything else on your network. Just use the same network settings as your PC, but change the last number of the IP.
Mollic
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:00 pm

Re: [PCSX2] The MRP (MGO, Ready-to-Play) package!

Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:39 am

GHzGangster wrote:
Mollic wrote:any help for " Network connection aborted. ( 428 ) error when trying to connect in game?

edit: aight i'm getting UDP error (518:1024) error now...
That network connection error is because of some network misconfiguration, most likely your IP is taken by something else, or you're using your computer's IP. It could also be that the network interface your chose isn't good to use.

That UDP error is pretty much the same I think. Just make sure that you're setting a static IP address in PCSX2, that isn't being taken by anything else on your network. Just use the same network settings as your PC, but change the last number of the IP.
yep fixed that! thanks! ( had to change the bridge...tried them all and finally one of them worked XD )
pisicino_ALT
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:16 pm

EU?

Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:32 pm

All this cool stuff is cool but, what about people living in the EU? Do we just change the BIOS and ISO?
User avatar
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 796
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 5:21 am

Re: EU?

Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:10 am

pisicino_ALT wrote:All this cool stuff is cool but, what about people living in the EU? Do we just change the BIOS and ISO?
You could, but the official version to play on is the North American version, as EU players can't play with any other region. You are certainly welcome to play on the EU versions, but you'll need to have other people with the same setup to play with.
Anderby
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:06 am

Re: [PCSX2] The MRP (MGO, Ready-to-Play) package!

Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:25 am

Component selector don't see DEV9 plugin. I downloaded another, it has been seen but "there nothing to configure" - it's too old plugin. I downloaded most fresher - "giga-razi", but it's no visible too.
User avatar
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 796
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 5:21 am

Re: [PCSX2] The MRP (MGO, Ready-to-Play) package!

Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:48 am

Anderby wrote:Component selector don't see DEV9 plugin. I downloaded another, it has been seen but "there nothing to configure" - it's too old plugin. I downloaded most fresher - "giga-razi", but it's no visible too.
Make sure you have WinPCAP installed.
Bitman[FR]
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:41 pm

Re: [PCSX2] The MRP (MGO, Ready-to-Play) package!

Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:08 pm

Hey,

Sorry for the bumping but I do also encounter a problem for emulating MGO1.
I've done everything needed, download the package, extracting it, installed winpcap, visual studio, and also downloaded the disc two iso and an ntsc bios.

The game runs fine, but I do always have the error 428, and I think this is due to the DEV9 3.0 plugin, since it does not appear to detect my network card, when we have to choose between bridge or switch I can't see it.
Also, when I click on the config then Dev9, it is invisible, cannot click on it.

Any clue about it ?
That would be much appreciated !
Thanks in advance
SolidSnake11
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:05 pm

Re: [PCSX2] The MRP (MGO, Ready-to-Play) package!

Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:08 pm

Bitman[FR] wrote:Hey,

Sorry for the bumping but I do also encounter a problem for emulating MGO1.
I've done everything needed, download the package, extracting it, installed winpcap, visual studio, and also downloaded the disc two iso and an ntsc bios.

The game runs fine, but I do always have the error 428, and I think this is due to the DEV9 3.0 plugin, since it does not appear to detect my network card, when we have to choose between bridge or switch I can't see it.
Also, when I click on the config then Dev9, it is invisible, cannot click on it.

Any clue about it ?
That would be much appreciated !
Thanks in advance
That problem can be fixed by running PCSX2 as administrator, also make sure to tick "Ethernet"

Return to “MGO1 Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Discord

Forum Theme