3DS MGO-1

Discuss Metal Gear Online (MGS3) and the server.
RevolverOcelot

3DS MGO-1

Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:36 am

Hello, Im quite new to the forums here so sorry if I don't know alot-

I've been thinking for some time and said: "What if MGO could be made on the 3DS?"

and a lot of you may be questioning why I'd want this to happen and a lot of you dont even know-

but let's start off- There is a Metal Gear game you can get on the 3DS, only one metal gear game and that is MGS3-

I've done a little research and found out that the MGS3 installed on my 3DS is just a minor-modified version of the MGS3 on Consoles except it's clearly changed to be compatible with the 3DS which is great since the controls and all that are set- however one thing they got rid of was the MGO (Metal Gear Online) Part of it- which saddens me- I think that if it was removed it was for good reason and that's probably since nintendo knew the servers shut down or online compatibility- whatever the point- I still think MGO can be made on the 3DS in some way with a lot of thought- (Sure I could get it on my Computer) but I think it needs a simple download and send it somewhere in the files-

I have the game installed on the SD card so all we need to do is look into the files or something right?- I know it's not that manageable and a lot of people who dont care about making MGO on the 3DS due to multiple reasons.

However it's a consideration- Not many people play this game on their 3DS so a lot of you guys may not know stuff about this. If any of you have took the audacity to read all of this (Thank you) and I hope somebody willing to make MGO on the 3DS reads this as well and we could get started but like I said- we cant get over our heads that easy.
Derrik ∞ GHz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 3DS MGO-1

Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:27 am

RevolverOcelot wrote:

I've been thinking for some time and said: "What if MGO could be made on the 3DS?"

and a lot of you may be questioning why I'd want this to happen and a lot of you dont even know-

but let's start off- There is a Metal Gear game you can get on the 3DS, only one metal gear game and that is MGS3-

I've done a little research and found out that the MGS3 installed on my 3DS is just a minor-modified version of the MGS3 on Consoles except it's clearly changed to be compatible with the 3DS which is great since the controls and all that are set- however one thing they got rid of was the MGO (Metal Gear Online) Part of it- which saddens me- I think that if it was removed it was for good reason and that's probably since nintendo knew the servers shut down or online compatibility- whatever the point- I still think MGO can be made on the 3DS in some way with a lot of thought- (Sure I could get it on my Computer) but I think it needs a simple download and send it somewhere in the files-

I have the game installed on the SD card so all we need to do is look into the files or something right?- I know it's not that manageable and a lot of people who dont care about making MGO on the 3DS due to multiple reasons.

However it's a consideration- Not many people play this game on their 3DS so a lot of you guys may not know stuff about this. If any of you have took the audacity to read all of this (Thank you) and I hope somebody willing to make MGO on the 3DS reads this as well and we could get started but like I said- we cant get over our heads that easy.
MGO1 is a different executable. That executable won't be there. Even if it was, there would have to be a lot of hacking to make the game think the 3DS networking is actually the PS2 Network Adapter.
RevolverOcelot

Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:07 am

Derrik ∞ GHz wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:27 am
RevolverOcelot wrote:

MGO1 is a different executable. That executable won't be there. Even if it was, there would have to be a lot of hacking to make the game think the 3DS networking is actually the PS2 Network Adapter.
What do you mean "Executable"? Like actually starting MGO1 up?

I kinda see where this is coming from saying: If somehow MGO1 started up it wouldn't be compatible since the Game for 3DS wasn't Programmed to have MGO at all- but on my part if somebody uses a file app or accessor to add a button for starting MGO-

and another thing MGO doesn't actually have to be IN-game- it could have a seperate starter with the same app of programming (Controls, etc..) and just have the needed code to start it up- and as I mentioned- during the making of mgs3 on the 3ds mgo was removed and it could just need a reinstallment.

all-in-all it does add up to hardcore hacking

as for the PS2 Network Adapter- I cant lie that falls into the same category
Derrik ∞ GHz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:45 am

RevolverOcelot wrote:

I kinda see where this is coming from saying: If somehow MGO1 started up it wouldn't be compatible since the Game for 3DS wasn't Programmed to have MGO at all- but on my part if somebody uses a file app or accessor to add a button for starting MGO-

and another thing MGO doesn't actually have to be IN-game- it could have a seperate starter with the same app of programming (Controls, etc..) and just have the needed code to start it up- and as I mentioned- during the making of mgs3 on the 3ds mgo was removed and it could just need a reinstallment.

As in, the actual program. The code is separate. Some of the code might still be there, but the majority of stuff that you would need is likely completely missing to save space.
RevolverOcelot

Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:04 pm

Derrik ∞ GHz wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:45 am
RevolverOcelot wrote:

As in, the actual program. The code is separate. Some of the code might still be there, but the majority of stuff that you would need is likely completely missing to save space.

okay well like I said Im just putting this here in case anyone actually wants to inject their big brain
into the code.
Sorry for the delayed response.

I just thought it was interesting the 3DS could have MGS3 and made me think it would be possible to
install the MGO part of it on-

Thank you for responding to my post though :)

Return to “MGO1 Discussion”