MGO1 24/7 Room!

Discuss Metal Gear Online (MGS3) and the server.
TheMrIron2

MGO1 24/7 Room!

Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:56 pm

Hey MGO players! I've only started playing the game relatively recently, but I have heard a lot of different stories about people being unable to host games on their internet. For this reason, in November, I will be buying another PS2 as a 24/7 MGO1 server! My internet will have 360MBPS download by then - plenty for a server - and it will be port forwarded too. The PS2 will be in theory running 24/7 MGO solely as a host. It will undergo some strenuous testing in November (about a week of constant uptime) to see if it can hold up, and it will be declared fit for action in December as a 24/7 server with approximately 99% uptime. A website for it will be ready in a while, but I am unsure if I am able to accept donations. If I can, then I will say that donating to the server will help to fuel it - it will cost $35 per year to keep alive, so it's not as if I need the money urgently, but every little scrap helps. And if I somehow earn enough money to profit off of it, well, your money will be thanked for buying me a bite to eat for my efforts, haha. In all seriousness most of the profits will go towards solely maintaining the server.

However, I need your help first; what will be the name of the server? We have narrowed down a lot of options to just 3 poll options; BossMGO, LegacyMGO and IronMGO. Please vote at the link below for your favourite name.

Thank you for reading, but leave some feedback in the comments. What do you think of a 24/7 room? Great or not worth it? Public feedback is important to how I look at the server, so leave your opinion below.

Poll link: http://www.strawpoll.me/11064424
Killerratchet

Re: MGO1 24/7 Room!

Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:36 am

It is a great idea, but unfortunately I don't think donations are allowed. As even the savemgo devs weren't even allowed to accept them as they were working on bringing this two games back. But keep us updated and I'll vote for the straw poll :)
TheMrIron2

Re: MGO1 24/7 Room!

Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:40 am

I'm very surprised they weren't able to accept donations, they totally deserve it for all of their awesome work. The room should go on as usual without donations anyway. I'll be sure to keep you guys updated, although updates will come on the Discord first, forums later (should still be updated on the same day anyway)

Return to “MGO1 Discussion”