Ten years ago
Metal Gear Online 2 was released 10 years ago on June 12th, 2008.
It was eventually shut down 4 years later on June 12th, 2012.
Our multiplayer server finally went live on July 11th, 2014.
We're coming up on 4 years... the same time the official servers were up for.
Here's to keeping the game around even longer!
Want to play again?
It doesn't take too long to get set up to play again.
For unhacked PS3s, check out this tutorial: http://savemgo.com/ofw
For hacked (CFW) PS3s, check out this tutorial: http://savemgo.com/cfw
This June 12th, we will be keeping in the MGO spirit with the following changes:
- Level limits have been disabled, so lower levels can enjoy the game (just for the day at the moment)
- Everyone who logs in on will be given the Patriot rank for the next few days, which allows you to use the Patriot
- Voices have been changed somehow... log in to find out!
A small tournament may happen during the week. Let us know if you'd be interested.
We will also have a variety of people streaming during the day:
- GHzGangster @ SaveMGO: https://www.youtube.com/savemgo
- Mumra2k: https://www.twitch.tv/Mumra2k
- kwfang: https://www.twitch.tv/kwfang
- Solid007: https://www.youtube.com/solid007
- ximistar1: https://www.youtube.com/ximistar
- TheLetterM: https://www.twitch.tv/metalgearseries
- Rage: http://www.twitch.tv/ragee09
Thanks for playing
It's been a long journey to get this game playable again. Thanks for playing.
More will come to MGO in the near future. Wish I could have more ready for this day (like custom maps), but we will see this content another day.