What do you want to see next?

Site and server news.
president trump

Re: What do you want to see next?

Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:10 pm

CORONACHAN wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:57 pm
Based Canadian servers, explains why I've only had lagg once since I got back & played on 4 occasions now.

I was running practice mode last night and really did miss the mouse tbh, messing with sensitivity the first time since I got back and figured I would sneak a question in here:
Why would anyone not use 10 for their 'ads' speed? Like as an example: 7 7 7 10. Just seems to speed your character up with the possible downside of being mildly disorientating at first. I'm doing worse with it but figure it's just because I'm adapting to it (or maybe there's something I don't know).
The server being hosted in Canada doesn't affect in-game p2p experience.

I use 8 10 10 10.
I've resigned. I am no longer involved with SaveMGO.
Derrik ∞ GHz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:34 am

CORONACHAN wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:17 pm
If we see a successful PC emulation of MGO, I think it would completely revive this game.

But it's not as easy as just implementing it of course.

Big thanks to GHZ and others for all the work so far, I'm enjoying playing again like it's 2009 again.

Edit: It would really throw things in disarray too (positively) with the introduction of skilled PC players in the case of it somehow being 'cross platform'.
I wonder how the methods of play would change when using a PC, and if PC players would eventually take over in regards to advantage and performance.
I've heard the same argument with putting it on Official Firmware... Either people don't know about the server, or just don't care enough to get it set up. It would be nice to get it working, but I really don't think it's going to be the be-all-end-all in terms of population.
CORONACHAN

Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:57 pm

Derrik ∞ GHz wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:34 am
CORONACHAN wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:17 pm
If we see a successful PC emulation of MGO, I think it would completely revive this game.

But it's not as easy as just implementing it of course.

Big thanks to GHZ and others for all the work so far, I'm enjoying playing again like it's 2009 again.

Edit: It would really throw things in disarray too (positively) with the introduction of skilled PC players in the case of it somehow being 'cross platform'.
I wonder how the methods of play would change when using a PC, and if PC players would eventually take over in regards to advantage and performance.
I've heard the same argument with putting it on Official Firmware... Either people don't know about the server, or just don't care enough to get it set up. It would be nice to get it working, but I really don't think it's going to be the be-all-end-all in terms of population.
It still requires people to clear their PS3 HDD which they don't even play but 'muh save data' is what's stopping some irl friends of mine.

Anyone with a PS4 shouldn't have any qualms about this but it seems to be the case. Perhaps when PS5 comes with it's backwards compatibility people will stop holding on to their old console's saves with so much grip.
owo
CORONACHAN

Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:02 pm

president trump wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:10 pm
CORONACHAN wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:57 pm
Based Canadian servers, explains why I've only had lagg once since I got back & played on 4 occasions now.

I was running practice mode last night and really did miss the mouse tbh, messing with sensitivity the first time since I got back and figured I would sneak a question in here:
Why would anyone not use 10 for their 'ads' speed? Like as an example: 7 7 7 10. Just seems to speed your character up with the possible downside of being mildly disorientating at first. I'm doing worse with it but figure it's just because I'm adapting to it (or maybe there's something I don't know).
The server being hosted in Canada doesn't affect in-game p2p experience.

I use 8 10 10 10.
I thought the other lad said the servers were hosted in Canada? Perhaps I don't know enough about servers & such to understand.
owo
dan12343

Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:35 pm

i'd like to see the in-game stats in MGO1 working again, is there some sort of HTTPS cert issue or was this just never done?

maybe add browser notifications to snake.savemgo.com so when somebody creates a lobby anyone who subscribed to the notifications can see. I know discord already does this, but it would be a simple way to be notified of game activity without needing the big performance hog of an app like discord to be running. my PC has 8gb of ram and a mid-tier CPU and discord is still annoyingly slow with steam\web browser running

also maybe updating the news posts on the MGO1 site that hasn't been done in almost 4 years, as well as maybe some other updates to the site
Derrik ∞ GHz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:06 am

CORONACHAN wrote:
It still requires people to clear their PS3 HDD which they don't even play but 'muh save data' is what's stopping some irl friends of mine.

Anyone with a PS4 shouldn't have any qualms about this but it seems to be the case. Perhaps when PS5 comes with it's backwards compatibility people will stop holding on to their old console's saves with so much grip.
The latest method does not require wiping your PS3.
And with the old method, you can just copy most of your save games to a flashdrive. And if it's copy-protected, buy PS+ for a month, and back it up online.
CORONACHAN

Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:18 pm

Derrik ∞ GHz wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:06 am
CORONACHAN wrote:

The latest method does not require wiping your PS3.
And with the old method, you can just copy most of your save games to a flashdrive. And if it's copy-protected, buy PS+ for a month, and back it up online.
Oh shit I wasn't aware of this.
Will do more research and get more buds onboard, thanks.

Only one friend back in the day was very pro ;; unlocking the captains hat right before MGO servers were taken down. He will be happy.
owo
president trump

Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:38 am

CORONACHAN wrote:
I thought the other lad said the servers were hosted in Canada? Perhaps I don't know enough about servers & such to understand.
Yes, the main server is hosted in Canada. But in-game, the rooms you join are hosted by other players.
I've resigned. I am no longer involved with SaveMGO.
CORONACHAN

Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:38 pm

president trump wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:38 am
CORONACHAN wrote:
Yes, the main server is hosted in Canada. But in-game, the rooms you join are hosted by other players.
Mass MGO exodus to Toronto now so we can live in MGO communes
owo
tarkzy

Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:36 pm

I would like the stupid ability for the host to be kicked to be removed. It's just dumb and doesn't inspire anyone new or anyone who doesn't cheat to host.

Return to “News”