SaveMGO Official Rules - Oct 18, 2017

Site and server news.
Tinhe32

Re: SaveMGO Official Rules

Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:32 pm

DecoyAkiba wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:18 am
I have something to mention/ask regarding this. Im an NA player and i host games on the regular.Depending on what time of day it is i will host my rooms in one of the 3 regions according to peak hour player counts. i have a clean internet connectiion and i usually have full ping and in some instances half ping, but i have yet to see my ping ever go red. Id also like to note that whenever i host a game majority of the ppl who join will compliment my host connect, saying things like '' this is a good host, or, ''great connection'' etc etc,. However, some of these ppl who join my rooms, a very very small percentage, 2 to 3 players so far who's names id definitely recognize, recently tried to host kick me. They failed of course. But heres the thing, i remember seeing on these forums a while ago that nonsense like that was unnacceptable, and would ultimately lead to a ban. And i agree with that. If a host has a good game going, no matter what server theyre hosting in, if some cuck red ping tries to pull that host kick bullshit, they need to be kicked of this game. It is absolutely unnacceptable behaviour in my opinion. Ill end the rant soon. But basically in short, what triggered me to make this post, was some JP player tried host kicking me outta my own room yesterday, saying ''jp server, get out''. Like the fuck? " i told that person that he simply doesnt own the server just because hes JP region he thinks he can rightfully attempt to try and kick me. I said if it happened again that id report it to an admin on here. After i said that, they shut their retarded mouth fast lol. Anyway, #stophostkick sorry for the rambling.
It would be amazing if you could always create your room in NA. Even if many people can play out of region and not get a red ping, the optimal game experience lagwise is within each own's region. I. E., I always lag in JP and EU so I don't ever go there, so it'd be nice to find you hosting in NA.
SONOMAMASHINE

Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:53 pm

GHzGangster wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:37 am
Lag
Any person found to be harming the community in a negative way as a result of their lag, intentional or not, will be punished.
Alternative punishment: Restricted to your region's lobby

You are responsible for your connection to the host and it's players. If you are found to be abusing your connection for your advantage, you will be banned.

As the game is poorly made, it is hard to distinguish intentional lag from unintentional lag. Because of this, we unfortunately have no choice but to punish all instances of serious lag.
If your lag is decided to be regional, you will be spared from a permanent ban, and instead be restricted to your region's lobby.

A report is required to have most of the following:
  • Video evidence
  • Date and time of offense
  • Name of the player
  • Proof of notifying the player of their lag
Harassment, Toxicity, and DDoS
Serious harassment and/or intentionally ruining the game for others will not be tolerated.
Threatening to release another's personal information, or DDoS a person/group will result in a permanent ban.
Trash talk is fine. Going after someone is not.
this is unfair
BriightOne

Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:13 pm

SONOMAMASHINE wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:53 pm

this is unfair
Agreed.

In regards to this lag rule. This is a DEAD GAME. Can we please not take things that seriously?
WolfRawr

Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:43 pm

I'm glad to see that trash talking is fine, people nowdays should understand and REMEMBER that trash talking was part of MGO, after all this years people got used to not trash talk due to the rules they implemented in the new games, but MGO is MGO accept it.
EliteAssassin

Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:02 pm

Sounds like were all going to get banned eventually... At some point we all harass each other in terms of "going after someone" Its like in a cqc or knife lobby , people will team up with their friends and go after the "noobs" as they say. I'm really surprised you're going with this route with a very small community. I understand the intentional cheating as far as lag switching. However, there is always at least 2 people in a room with red ping, its not that big of a deal. If the room as a whole or the host wants them out, they kick them. That problem is already solved. Banning red ping on your end or restricting them will make the community even smaller. Think of the official game devs in video games...? Do they ban someone or restrict someone because of "normal" lag or a bad connection? No. I would let the host and room decide on that ghz. Please reconsider. As you can probably tell, i am a red ping sometimes. My connection fluctuates all the time some days I am good and others bad. I just don't want my mgo experience to be ruined by getting banned or only playing in my region. Although, when i am a red ping, none of the players seemto be mad about it. I've only had one bad experience where i was kicked. But as you can see, it was taken care of by the host/room. I hope that there's some way to detect intentional vs unintentional. Maybe for now, you could hold off on that until you come up with a way. Or also closely monitor the person you keep getting reports on. In the end, I am totally with you that we should put people on check for cheating in any type of way, but I also believe that what you have outlined is not the best way to go about this. Just so you know I would be happy to help you in this. Perhaps we could have a vote on here or in the game. A reply would be great. Thanks.
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:24 pm

Well-made games simply punish you for having a bad connection (Battlefield 3), and have a lot of server-side checks to prevent the client from cheating (CSGO).
This isn't one of those games, and we really can't turn it into one.

I'll try and figure out a solid way to determine if people are really cheating. It's tricky in this game.
These are just guidelines for now, they will evolve over time.

Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:48 pm

I am currently playing using a tethered connection through my phone. Would it be better if I didn't play until I got decent internet? For the record I don't always get red ping. Most of the time I have zero issues with myself lagging.
EliteAssassin

Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:52 am

GHzGangster wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:24 pm
Well-made games simply punish you for having a bad connection (Battlefield 3), and have a lot of server-side checks to prevent the client from cheating (CSGO).
This isn't one of those games, and we really can't turn it into one.

I'll try and figure out a solid way to determine if people are really cheating. It's tricky in this game.
These are just guidelines for now, they will evolve over time.
Ok well that's good! Just so you know I am not a lag switcher for future reference. I just get red ping sometimes. But when I do get red ping its not super bad as far as I know
Romulus2000

Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:15 am

DecoyAkiba wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:18 am
I have something to mention/ask regarding this. Im an NA player and i host games on the regular.Depending on what time of day it is i will host my rooms in one of the 3 regions according to peak hour player counts. i have a clean internet connectiion and i usually have full ping and in some instances half ping, but i have yet to see my ping ever go red. Id also like to note that whenever i host a game majority of the ppl who join will compliment my host connect, saying things like '' this is a good host, or, ''great connection'' etc etc,. However, some of these ppl who join my rooms, a very very small percentage, 2 to 3 players so far who's names id definitely recognize, recently tried to host kick me. They failed of course. But heres the thing, i remember seeing on these forums a while ago that nonsense like that was unnacceptable, and would ultimately lead to a ban. And i agree with that. If a host has a good game going, no matter what server theyre hosting in, if some cuck red ping tries to pull that host kick bullshit, they need to be kicked of this game. It is absolutely unnacceptable behaviour in my opinion. Ill end the rant soon. But basically in short, what triggered me to make this post, was some JP player tried host kicking me outta my own room yesterday, saying ''jp server, get out''. Like the fuck? " i told that person that he simply doesnt own the server just because hes JP region he thinks he can rightfully attempt to try and kick me. I said if it happened again that id report it to an admin on here. After i said that, they shut their retarded mouth fast lol. Anyway, #stophostkick sorry for the rambling.
You didn't get kicked and you're crying about not being kicked? How funny.

I do find it dumb as fuck when people cry and say your room lags, well then, get the fuck out. It's not hard to just leave.

But anyway. bottom line, suck it up.
DecoyAkiba

Whatever Romulus lol. You say im "crying" but at the same time you agree with me. But ok dad!

Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:42 am

:lol: ;D Whatever Romulus lol. You say im "crying" but at the same time you agree with me. But ok dad!

Return to “News”