MGO2 For OFW Is Live!

Site and server news.
president trump
Former President of SaveMGO

Re: MGO2 For OFW Is Live!

Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:38 pm

If you're having technical difficulties and need help getting set up, please create a topic in the MGO2 Support Section for individualized help. It is too difficult to troubleshoot multiple people back and forth in the same thread.
I've resigned. I am no longer involved with SaveMGO.
Kaneco

Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:10 pm

As much as I love this game & as much as I would love to get in on the action.

Think I'm going to wait for a method to insert this update alongside a regular backup, it's just too much of hassle to backup all of your save data from 2008-Present (w/ PS+) & redownload almost all of the 1TB amount of games I already have installed... just for this.

Either I'll buy a cheap 2nd hand PS3, or wait for a tutorial that allows you to restore a regular backup alongside this update.

The headache is too huge & there are too many games out right now, and still coming, that I can be playing in the mean time... and 'time' is something that I don't have 'much' nowadays. :D

Good breakthrough tho! Happy to know there's an option for us OFW normies out here. ;)
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:52 am

Kaneco wrote:

Think I'm going to wait for a method to insert this update alongside a regular backup, it's just too much of hassle to backup all of your save data from 2008-Present (w/ PS+) & redownload almost all of the 1TB amount of games I already have installed... just for this.

Either I'll buy a cheap 2nd hand PS3, or wait for a tutorial that allows you to restore a regular backup alongside this update.

The headache is too huge & there are too many games out right now, and still coming, that I can be playing in the mean time... and 'time' is something that I don't have 'much' nowadays. :D

Good breakthrough tho! Happy to know there's an option for us OFW normies out here. ;)
You could use a second hard drive as well, and just swap it in whenever you want to play.
I still need to make a tutorial on the backup method, but you would be backing up 1TB onto another drive. The USB speed on the PS3 is abysmal, it will take you forever (and probably error out at 90%).
It would not be worth the hassle at all. I would suggest either swapping hard drives, or getting another PS3. No confirmation on whether or not the Super Slim 12GB works with MGS4.
SONOMAMASHINE

Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:14 pm

GHzGangster wrote:
No confirmation on whether or not the Super Slim 12GB works with MGS4.
BEEEEP*
i still have a dead fat ps3 what the procedur of swaping HDD puting old fat hdd on super slim (if 12gb slim wont work) still to confirm
Lilium

Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:49 pm

Question, do we need to update the game or leave it at 1.00, since it says it deletes mgo data?
Revy

Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:01 pm

Upon doing the custom backup you format your console, then just install the game and MGO is there.
Best Decoy EU
SwordArt

Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:48 pm

is there any possibility of returning to survival mode?
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:50 pm

SONOMAMASHINE wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:14 pm
BEEEEP*
i still have a dead fat ps3 what the procedur of swaping HDD puting old fat hdd on super slim (if 12gb slim wont work) still to confirm
Just unscrew it and put it in.
Lilium wrote: Question, do we need to update the game or leave it at 1.00, since it says it deletes mgo data?
Forget about that, just install the backup. It will make the correct game data.
SwordArt wrote:is there any possibility of returning to survival mode?
Probably not, because there is so much that would need to be figured out. We might have some sort of automated system in place instead.
Kaneco

Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:35 pm

GHzGangster wrote:
Kaneco wrote:

You could use a second hard drive as well, and just swap it in whenever you want to play.
I still need to make a tutorial on the backup method, but you would be backing up 1TB onto another drive. The USB speed on the PS3 is abysmal, it will take you forever (and probably error out at 90%).
It would not be worth the hassle at all. I would suggest either swapping hard drives, or getting another PS3. No confirmation on whether or not the Super Slim 12GB works with MGS4.
I would sure love if you would enlighten us with a combined backup method... I have dealt with the hassle of backing up 500GBs (& more) worth of data several times due to either upgrading my HDD and/or for other purposes, so I don't mind going through the hassle of leaving my PS3 on for like +24 hours backing up or restoring said backup.

Options are nice, and if there's a method to keep your old data & restore the backup alongside this modified MGO2 update... I would take the chance. :)

If it isn't too much trouble, I would love to know how. Thanks for responding. I very much appreciate it. :D
NightHawkRX480

Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:45 am

Thank you for ur hard work and dedication for making this game playable again keep up the good work

Return to “News”