OFW Delays and What's Up

Site and server news.
DNS: 192.3.217.61 / 192.3.217.162
DigitalIncizor

Re: OFW Delays and What's Up

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:57 pm

Walter White wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:07 pm
You should try & join kojima with more production of mgo2 lol. Making it official somehow so ya'll could make money. Cause if it were legit legal I wouldn't mind paying small fee to play without the worry of ban lol
Sadly I'm starting to feel that we have all been hoodwinked over ofw..just as sales of mgs4 are starting to peek this week also...nothing in the topic links provides any insight to what is going on with ofw & all the videos provide us with is that 4 or 5 guys have capabilities to run in ofw on a cfw system!!...people are getting frustrated, to the point where they will bin the whole idea off..........
Tiger

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:05 pm

I feel like it should be coming this weekend for some reason. Probably just wants to test the stress of the server when most people can get on. I just wish that he could have released NA OFW when it was ready, same with JPN and EU and not wait for all at the same time. I respect everything the teams are doing and cant wait for release. Cheers.
Last edited by Tiger on Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Junkhead_

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:21 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ +1

to all those posts.. and again another from me lol.

but these guys have a point, if OFW NA is ready, please, please just for everyone's sake release it, and continue the testing while everyone else is happily finally beingn able to play, it's going to be the most active anyways so that'd make for great testing! as for all other else i too am losing hope, you guys got it working on OFW, but just for yourselves. If the project isn't going to be possible for the masses, soon that is, why not just give a good apology and call it off until someday when and if its actually ready?
~D.B.A.~
Batmantis-
AOL
Reverb@Koichi

Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:07 pm

To the modders and admins, is there any way to be a "early beta tester" of the OFW release?

I'm asking because I think some of us can help you in the development of the server, just to release not a buggy but a "more developed" version of the server.
Last edited by Reverb@Koichi on Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MGOCharizard

Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:39 pm

You know I have a lot of faith in the ability of GH. He's practically soloing this but I have to agree. Like every company out there, give open beta to people to see the games if it has flaws. While we are giving feedback of the game they are fixing it behind the scenes. I love you for what you are doing GH and again I'm not losing faith but a beta like thing would be nice. Because it's best for the world to tell you all the problems instead of 7 or 12 people. Otherwise I'm with you GH
KidBilly

Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:07 pm

I agree with all the above.

Seems like most of us would rather play NOW, even with the risk of everything breaking. We would understand. I'm just so anxious to play, even if it completely breaks all the time.
Romulus2000

Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:24 pm

Walter White wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:07 pm
You should try & join kojima with more production of mgo2 lol. Making it official somehow so ya'll could make money. Cause if it were legit legal I wouldn't mind paying small fee to play without the worry of ban lol
Kojima doesn't own Metal Gear and I doubt Konami has any interest in this project. Like people have said before, if you're worried about a ban, use an alternate PSN.

As for people that keep trying to pressure the developers to release the game, stop. It's annoying. Just wait.
What I do agree is maybe getting in a few more people to help developmental bugs.
TheLightBringer

Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:38 pm

The hype is slowly dying/ dead zzzzz :(
president trump
Former President of SaveMGO

Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:49 pm

I didn't particularly want to post here since the majority of response has been negative, and I can't promise anyone anything, but seeing that Ghz can't respond more frequently I'll respond in his stead for now.

The work still continues, do not fear. I can't imagine there is any benefit to us to be "hoodwinking" interested players and "spiking MGS4 sales", (although that does sound quite nefarious).

As Ghz mentioned in his first post, which is still the most recent update at this point concerning OFW, unfortunately almost nothing ended up working. The first couple days of the CFW release have been spent getting CFW working. This means fixing the game list from generating ghost rooms/players, which had resulted in dozens of error rooms and making play extremely difficult since you had to try a dozen different rooms before finding a live one, which basically made the game unplayable, the launcher as well has needed several updates, particularly to fix the error that resulted in complete unplayability and necessitated a disc in the drive, and the errors not allowing MGO2R to launch.

Most of the functionality is already half completed and the database has been configured for it. This means to add all the features that we had previously, such as levels, friend lists, etc, all will be able to be added back in in half the time.

Furthermore, although Ghz has allowed many other players to assist in the testing, I do apologize some of them have made videos that may have antagonized players that are still unable to play. It would probably have been best to ask them not to make uploads, though at the time it was the only way for many to see anything was still happening. And I suppose I should apologize on behalf of the SaveMGO administration again for the delay in OFW. The date was of course arbitrary, but there wasn't much of a way in knowing that nothing would work when it was turned on, especially when it was previously believed to work. Due to time zones there was some confusion as to when the release would occur. This also means the day ended early for many people, and many people waited many hours for news.

If it was up to me, I'd have done anything possible to see the release happen by 11:59:59:59pm on June 12th, for my time zone. Unfortunately this wasn't possible, and Ghz, like most other people, resides in a different time zone which is a few hours ahead. This means it gets considerably later for him sooner than it does for someone like me.

The critics of course will see none of these excuses equate the disappointment many experienced as June 12th came and went. The only consolation I can provide is the reassurance that work continues and sooner or later the server will be fully functional and fully accessible to players worldwide, both on CFW and OFW.
I've resigned. I am no longer involved with SaveMGO.
Naughty Dog Shill

Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:54 pm

president trump wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:49 pm
I didn't particularly want to post here since the majority of response has been negative, and I can't promise anyone anything, but seeing that Ghz can't respond more frequently I'll respond in his stead for now.

The work still continues, do not fear. I can't imagine there is any benefit to us to be "hoodwinking" interested players and "spiking MGS4 sales", (although that does sound quite nefarious).

As Ghz mentioned in his first post, which is still the most recent update at this point concerning OFW, unfortunately almost nothing ended up working. The first couple days of the CFW release have been spent getting CFW working. This means fixing the game list from generating ghost rooms/players, which had resulted in dozens of error rooms and making play extremely difficult since you had to try a dozen different rooms before finding a live one, which basically made the game unplayable, the launcher as well has needed several updates, particularly to fix the error that resulted in complete unplayability and necessitated a disc in the drive, and the errors not allowing MGO2R to launch.

Most of the functionality is already half completed and the database has been configured for it. This means to add all the features that we had previously, such as levels, friend lists, etc, all will be able to be added back in in half the time.

Furthermore, although Ghz has allowed many other players to assist in the testing, I do apologize some of them have made videos that may have antagonized players that are still unable to play. It would probably have been best to ask them not to make uploads, though at the time it was the only way for many to see anything was still happening. And I suppose I should apologize on behalf of the SaveMGO administration again for the delay in OFW. The date was of course arbitrary, but there wasn't much of a way in knowing that nothing would work when it was turned on, especially when it was previously believed to work. Due to time zones there was some confusion as to when the release would occur. This also means the day ended early for many people, and many people waited many hours for news.

If it was up to me, I'd have done anything possible to see the release happen by 11:59:59:59pm on June 12th, for my time zone. Unfortunately this wasn't possible, and Ghz, like most other people, resides in a different time zone which is a few hours ahead. This means it gets considerably later for him sooner than it does for someone like me.

The critics of course will see none of these excuses equate the disappointment many experienced as June 12th came and went. The only consolation I can provide is the reassurance that work continues and sooner than later the server will be fully functional and fully accessible to players worldwide, both on CFW and OFW.
Good post.

People really need to realize that resources are extremely limited and to expect quick service similar to an actual development team is naive.

Just let the guy do his jon and do it correctly.

Return to “News”