OFW Delays and What's Up

Site and server news.
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

OFW Delays and What's Up

Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:43 pm

Hey guys, sorry that I couldn't get OFW out on time.

When I figure for out what wasn't causing the server lag issue, I figured the server was pretty much set.
Unfortunately, having everything working opened a whole new can of issues. Among this, stuff like games not passing correctly, players not getting removed from the host's player list after disconnecting, player settings not working, etc.

In addition, fixing up the launcher took more time than I had anticipated. Really, all I thought I needed to do was add a region select, but I had to figure out why I think wasn't updating correctly as well.

I didn't fix a lot of issues yesterday, but there are still some that plague the server. The game tracking is very flaky right now, that is critical to getting the game to a playable state. Fortunately, the server as a whole is the fastest and most stable it's ever been.

As for OFW, we've selected a handful of testers already. MGS4 NA seems to be working perfectly. MGS4 EU possibly has a sound issues. MGS4/MGO JP, I wasn't able to test yesterday.

With all this going on, I did push out CFW, without yet realizing the issues that were present. When the files were released, the download server slowed down significantly with the new traffic. I had to throw up a torrent last minute just so people could actually download the files, and reduce the stress on the server. I didn't expect the server to become so slow, though I had it in the back of my mind days before, for OFW downloads. With this, I will pay for faster downloads on our web host, and provide torrents for OFW files when the time comes.

With that said, before I release OFW to the masses, I need to fix this server issue. I don't think this will take a terribly long time to figure out, but only time will tell. I am trying hard to get it out ASAP.

6/18:

Still working on fixing server issues. People have been asking to get on, and the answer is no, not right now. I am not letting anyone new getting on the server until these issues are solved. I don't need 20x the amount of people reporting the same issues, all this will do it make it harder to sift through what I need to. Once these critical host/game issues are fixed, then I will start letting people on.

I don't plan on taking much longer after these issues. A few days notice and it will be out. Please be patient, it will come soon.

7/4:

Work has continued. Ghost rooms seem to be gone, I don't think there are any major server issues left. OFW testing soon.

7/10:

I've let a lot of people on OFW. For the most part the game seems fine. There are still some minor issues that need to be fixed, and possibly some more ghost room issues. They don't seem too substantial right now, so I will be finishing up what I need to for public release.
KidBilly

Re: OFW Delays and What's Up

Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:59 pm

Thanks for the update GHz. They mean a lot to those still waiting.

"Most" of us are very grateful for what you're doing. Our hopes were up, so if we got pissy, it wasn't because we don't appreciate your dedication. Keep ignoring the haters! :)
Pennywise93

Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:02 pm

Okay, that was unexpected, but please next time before giving us a release date make sure everything works.
So we avoid unpleasant disappointments.

Thank you for your time
zDestroyer

Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:06 pm

You did a great job Derrek and for the OFW users, just wait a little longer to improve the game. Again, great job Derrek! :D
Aemon96

Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:13 pm

Could not say this before 3 AM of eu yesterday? :|

We waited since the morning
WolfZeroNine

Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:18 pm

I imagined such a thing, I'm sorry it happened.
Please try not to give random dates, a word must be kept.
I hope that as soon as possible you will be able to put the server online.
Congratulations, you have a lot of patience!
- Respect, peace and love.
Drunkard

Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:22 pm

I'm sure most of us appreciate the hard work you are putting into this, myself included. Thank you for the update.
PSN - Solidsnake_DoE
Discord - Drunkard
CALL_ME_PRO

Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:29 pm

Guy I'd rather have it all working the right way
Then to play it and its sloppy as he'll few questions ghz

Wanted to know if leveling is gonna be working leveling is what kept me so in to the game without that I feel like I'm wasting my time
Revy

Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:35 pm

Best Decoy EU
INZKITCHEN

Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:50 pm

Thanks you GHz Good Job !

Return to “News”