More Time Needed for OFW & 1.36 (Outdated as of June)

Site and server news.
gear01

Re: More Time Needed for OFW & 1.36

Tue May 23, 2017 4:01 am

GHzGangster wrote:Everything isn't ready yet.
I'm still working as much as I can, but I don't have as much time as I used to.

Early April is not going to happen, late April might be a possibility. But at this point, I'm not too sure. I will need to keep working to get a better feel for how much longer it will be.
couple of question.

A) is there any legal issues with the OFW version? i dont think we can survive another server down :(

B) to play on the ofw servers, do i need a specific copy of MGS4 or will I need the greatest hits version?

thanks
gear01

Tue May 23, 2017 4:03 am

dan12343 wrote:Just wanted to say @ghzgangster after mgs4 is working again on ofw i'll be donating money to you regularly for quite some time. hopefully you setup an optional server donation fund to keep the game going
I dont think thats legal. you have to donate to his other causes because making money on the servers could be a crime :(. last thing we want are servers to go down again. i think you can donate to "other" causes that he has though
Madara Uchiha

Tue May 23, 2017 4:43 am

gear01 wrote:
dan12343 wrote:Just wanted to say @ghzgangster after mgs4 is working again on ofw i'll be donating money to you regularly for quite some time. hopefully you setup an optional server donation fund to keep the game going
I dont think thats legal. you have to donate to his other causes because making money on the servers could be a crime :(. last thing we want are servers to go down again. i think you can donate to "other" causes that he has though

yes i suggest donating to the "college" of his choosing via go fund me and he could use that money for "school"
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue May 23, 2017 5:00 am

gear01 wrote:couple of question.

A) is there any legal issues with the OFW version? i dont think we can survive another server down :(

B) to play on the ofw servers, do i need a specific copy of MGS4 or will I need the greatest hits version?

thanks
There are issues with the CFW version. It's been up for a while.

You need an older version of MGS4, which is going to be the original, Greatest Hits/Platinum, and maybe one more that I can't remember. The 25th Anniversary and Legacy Collection editions will not work.
Shadow00

Tue May 23, 2017 2:50 pm

I think if the problem is money, GHz can set a go fund me for his school and he can use it as he see fit. I believe this server thing have a money cost and we are eager to play but we are not helping you money wise and I am almost 100% sure that this is not only time consuming but also this must have money cost that some of you guys working with this are taking full responsibility. I am not sure if a go fund me or maybe a paypal account to transfer lets say $5-$10 whatever you see fit to help them to get the servers up and running. I don't know, just throwing some pebbles to help you guys, is not fair that you guys are working hard irl things and also having the pressure of us to have the game released for OFW players like me.
AGUILAR2412

Tue May 23, 2017 11:31 pm

The OFW wont work on the lega y collection really? fak :c I already order a older copy from ebay xD
XxAsunaxX

Wed May 24, 2017 7:47 am

AGUILAR2412 wrote:The OFW wont work on the lega y collection really? fak :c I already order a older copy from ebay xD
PSN, 25th Anniversary and Legacy Edition doesn't have the MGO2 files (they were released after MGO2 was closed).

Still, an older copy of MGS4 should be really cheap :)
Shadow00

Wed May 24, 2017 2:42 pm

AGUILAR2412 wrote:The OFW wont work on the lega y collection really? fak :c I already order a older copy from ebay xD
I bought a copy on amazon for like $8
Gus

Wed May 24, 2017 3:24 pm

Hi again GHz
As the OFW release date starts getting closer and closer, we start getting hype and also a lot of questions come up...
I'll ask just a few and hopefully you can answer them to us:

- how many characters will we be able to create?
- as for the customisations, I do remember you once said you'd try to make a "very cheap shop" or something like that... what is the status on that matter? rwd points are coming back or is everything still going to be free to use?
- is the in-game clan system coming back?
- IF survival and tourney make it back, do you have any idea when that might be?
- are animal ranks also coming back? (eagle, jaws, hound, bee, etc etc)

As of now that is it. I dont wanna disturb you much xD

Thanks
XxAsunaxX

Wed May 24, 2017 3:50 pm

Gus wrote:Hi again GHz
As the OFW release date starts getting closer and closer, we start getting hype and also a lot of questions come up...
I'll ask just a few and hopefully you can answer them to us:

- how many characters will we be able to create?
- as for the customisations, I do remember you once said you'd try to make a "very cheap shop" or something like that... what is the status on that matter? rwd points are coming back or is everything still going to be free to use?
- is the in-game clan system coming back?
- IF survival and tourney make it back, do you have any idea when that might be?
- are animal ranks also coming back? (eagle, jaws, hound, bee, etc etc)

As of now that is it. I dont wanna disturb you much xD

Thanks
- 3 characters.
- for now everything is unlock, idk how it will be in the future.
- i think it is, but not for now, you can create a clan on the website, and choose an emblem aswell.
-
- i think you can choose which one you want on the website aswell

Return to “News”