More Time Needed for OFW & 1.36 (Outdated as of June)

Site and server news.
Aguia_BR

Re: More Time Needed for OFW & 1.36

Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:05 pm

I paid $ 100 (U $ 30) for CFW and I did not have any great difficulties
Please, this value is despicable, his argument does not justify.
FooXz

Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:27 pm

Aguia_BR wrote:I paid $ 100 (U $ 30) for CFW and I did not have any great difficulties
Oh really?... well, last time i checked the prices here in Santos/SP it was around R$ 300 (I went to 3 different stores). Dunno, maybe (im sure now lol) they were trying to rip me off. If i had the opportunity to CFW my PS3 by that much i would have done it for sure. Still, your weighting on this point seems a bit one-sided.

Anyway, honestly... as much fan as i am of MGO (I played more than 1k hours on MGO2 official server), im not sure if its worth it to CFW just to play against the small player base the game has right now... and without tournament or survival. But you know, lets hope the upcoming 1.36 solves this because i already quit MGO3 at the beginning of the year and getting kinda bored of Ghost Recon WL and BF1... nowdays the only thing that keeps me playing on PS4 is GTAV online racing lol.
Coast2Coast

Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:45 pm

FooXz wrote:
Aguia_BR wrote:I paid $ 100 (U $ 30) for CFW and I did not have any great difficulties
Oh really?... well, last time i checked the prices here in Santos/SP it was around R$ 300 (I went to 3 different stores). Dunno, maybe (im sure now lol) they were trying to rip me off. If i had the opportunity to CFW my PS3 by that much i would have done it for sure. Still, your weighting on this point seems a bit one-sided.

Anyway, honestly... as much fan as i am of MGO (I played more than 1k hours on MGO2 official server), im not sure if its worth it to CFW just to play against the small player base the game has right now... and without tournament or survival. But you know, lets hope the upcoming 1.36 solves this because i already quit MGO3 at the beginning of the year and getting kinda bored of Ghost Recon WL and BF1... nowdays the only thing that keeps me playing on PS4 is GTAV online racing lol.
I dropped mgo3 as well, i tried so much to like it but it feels too much like call of duty, which i gave up on very long ago. i dont even have a ps4 and idk if even red dead redemption 2 can bring me to buying one lol. newer games these days dont feel the same to me. my ps3 is just a media server now, but when this finally gets released to the OFW consoles i will be spending hours on it lol. think i had around 600 hours play time in mgo2 back in the day.
~D.B.A.~
Batmantis-
Completely Undisclosed 2nd business name
Completely Undisclosed 3rd business name
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:54 am

FooXz wrote:...
Prices have dropped a lot in the last 3-4 years or so. CFW PS3s used to be like USD $300 back when we were working on this originally.
vincecohen

Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:21 pm

I bought an E3 Flasher back in the days for 35 $ and that was all I needed. It was kind of a nightmare to make it work, but I was so happy that the devs brought the game back!
@GHzGangster: please let us know if and how we can donate to the site!
Dust

Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:52 pm

thank you for the work on OFW, i`ll be waiting all the time you need, just wish you luck
dan12343

Mon May 01, 2017 12:19 am

Really excited to see this being worked on. I played MGO1 in late 2014 until I fried my PS2 with a defective HDD from newegg

I'll be on hopefully day 1 when this goes back up for OFW users. My PS3 is right next to my monitor ready to go

Great work from all the devs here 8-)

It would be nice if MGO1 worked without mods or cheat disc so I can use on my backwards compatible PS3. If it is merely patching the server address (which I'd imagine there's more to it than that), then perhaps you could use a bridge on a custom raspberry pi image and use an IPTables rule or a bunch of fancy DNSMasq entries

But anyway, I'll certainly be on MGO2 A LOT once this is done. Never got the chance to play MGO2 until the last few days the official servers were online
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon May 01, 2017 2:58 am

dan12343 wrote:It would be nice if MGO1 worked without mods or cheat disc so I can use on my backwards compatible PS3. If it is merely patching the server address (which I'd imagine there's more to it than that), then perhaps you could use a bridge on a custom raspberry pi image and use an IPTables rule or a bunch of fancy DNSMasq entries
Yeah, there's more to it than that. We do run our own DNS server.
KidBilly

Tue May 02, 2017 4:34 pm

Hey Ghz. Are you optimistic about having things up and going by the end of May?
xZistance-

Tue May 02, 2017 6:20 pm

KidBilly wrote:Hey Ghz. Are you optimistic about having things up and going by the end of May?
+1

Return to “News”