MGO2R - OFW and 1.36 Update

Site and server news.
DNS: 192.3.217.61 / 192.3.217.162
xSwaggy

Re: MGO2R - OFW and 1.36 Update

Postby xSwaggy Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:29 am

Many thanks to the whole team for making it possible, I hope everything goes well, all the time I need is yours. I'll let some people, some friends, and I be ready to go back. Thank you very much. I would like to donate or try to help with something, where can I do it? PS: I know that my English is not very good, I'm sorry. I hope forward, that everything goes well.

One question: I guess so, but will it still work for cfw?
FoxHounder

Postby FoxHounder Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:09 am

Wow! This is amazing. Finally, I'll be able to play without needing to have a hacked/modded PS3!

Probably the best news I've heard in quite a while. God, I have so many good memories from MGO2 and I seriously can't wait to get back on. I've read that you're not accepting any donations at the time, but I would gladly donate in order to keep servers in tip top shape. So would most of us, probably.

Thank you for all the hard work and effort you guys put into keeping MGO alive and well! This is a huge step forward, and I'm excited to get back on and see you all again. The SAVEMGO team has made MGO2 great again. Officially.

I've shared this around to all my MGO buddies, and we'll be waiting. Whether there's a delay or not, we'll be patient. Take your time, and thank you all again.

On a related note, If any of you guys or gals remember me, please let me know. I went by this username on MGO2 but with all the silly characters in the name. Hosted CT rooms alot. I played mostly for fun although I've won my fair share of Tournaments.

Thank you again, SAVEMGO team.
cloud668

Postby cloud668 Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:45 am

I have the original Japanese MGS4 release. What can I do to play this?
Dual2k

Postby Dual2k Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:02 am

YESSSSSSSSSS. I hope more and more people come when this happens, would be great :' )
I didn't expect OFW support at all, and about all the fixes for the things that aren't available atm... finally!

This is HUGE news for everyone (in and outside the community), outstanding job, really appreciated!
Maybe I can tell some guys I used to play with in EU server, no promises, but will try to convince 'em.

Thanks to all of you working on this, seriously.
Somethingyer

Postby Somethingyer Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:19 am

president trump wrote:
Somethingyer wrote:
GHzGangster wrote:It will not work on Legacy or PSN MGS4.

Would a greatest hits copy from Gamestop work? Only copy I have is the legacy one.

The greatest hits edition of MGS4 is the same as the 2008 release. The Legacy collection MGS4 disc will not work since the MGO files are not included.

Guess I have to buy another copy of MGS4
BusterHarvey

Postby BusterHarvey Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:11 am

This is huge, beyond the call of duty. Honestly, you guys are doing a terrific job.
Time to find a cheap PS3 Slim to play this bad boy again.
Anzu

Postby Anzu Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:20 am

Hype!
Bitman[FR]

Postby Bitman[FR] Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:57 am

Very good new, you people have made an outstanding work, I was hesitating for months about getting a jailbroken Ps3 just for MGO2 but now it changes everything, with such update, the amount of players is gonna increase by at least 100 haha.

Lookin forward to it, and gotta buy an high-capacity usb key. One thing I would ask you since you will be working on it, if you have the time, may you also look about bypassing the region lock on MGO1 ?

Thanks for everything.
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby GHzGangster Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:06 am

Bitman[FR] wrote:Very good new, you people have made an outstanding work, I was hesitating for months about getting a jailbroken Ps3 just for MGO2 but now it changes everything, with such update, the amount of players is gonna increase by at least 100 haha.

Lookin forward to it, and gotta buy an high-capacity usb key. One thing I would ask you since you will be working on it, if you have the time, may you also look about bypassing the region lock on MGO1 ?

Thanks for everything.

I'm hesitant to do that because of balance changes. For example the drum explosions cause more damage in JP than in NA, that sort of stuff.
NeonEmerald

Postby NeonEmerald Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:39 pm

This sounds pretty amazing honestly. I already own a cfw ps3, but I never got to installing mgo2 because I'm lazy lol.

Looking forward to it.

Return to “News”