MGO2R - OFW and 1.36 Update - March

Site and server news.
DNS: 192.3.217.61 / 192.3.217.162
Th3Liquid

Re: MGO2R - OFW and 1.36 Update

Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:24 pm

No More Sorrow wrote:They are offering you everything for free and you'd rather grind and waste your time getting these items than having them unlocked, wow. Aren't most of you in your twenties and have better things to do?
Hahaha so true
bata

Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:20 pm

I actually like grinding in games, it gives me something to go for while playing. Yes, I'm in my twenties and I likely won't be playing MGO anywhere near as much as I did on the official servers once it goes live for OFW. Doesn't mean I don't have a right to mention my way of enjoying the game.

If most people don't like the idea, I suggest leaving almost all pieces of gear unlocked, and maybe make some of them(like the old tournament berets for instance?) only accessible if you get some kind of achievement, such as getting x number of kills in some mode or something of the sort.

Still, obviously this is the kind of stuff that should be decided by a forum poll.
yassineya

Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:07 am

Yeah maybe not for skills and gear, but please fix the Stats page!
SnakeEater34

Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:13 am

MGO2 meant the world to me when I was a wee lad. When I heard about this revival project, you guys immediately gained my support, despite me being unable to get a CFW PS3. I was just happy to see there were other dedicated fans like myself putting in so much work to get this out. Now that you guys are doing OFW, and in my birthday month no less, you guys have given me the greatest birthday present I could have ever asked for! You guys have my support, and my thanks, for bringing back my teenage years.
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:23 am

You'd earn Rewards based on time/activity, not wins or anything like that.
Th3Liquid

Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:36 am

GHzGangster wrote:You'd earn Rewards based on time/activity, not wins or anything like that.
Special clothes?
SinisterLion

Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:37 am

xKnightOfGod wrote:Could that be changed and all we start from the beginning zero clothes,skills etc?and we will be unlocking with days,I think it would be better to have some time to unlock some things or to use reward points
Noooooooo! Personally, I think unlocking skills again would be awful. It's been 5 years, surely that is long enough that we can just... play? ...without having to grind these out from nothing.

I have a similar sentiment regarding clothes. I think largely it would be better if we could look however we wanted from the off. If we do have to unlock gear, I hope the conditions are fairly lenient. Otherwise the gear and the general aesthetics of characters may tend towards elitism as it did in the original run.

Having said all that, I would be in favour of making the joke gear harder to unlock, so that the majority of players look 'normal' for a while. Mohawk, box head, gator head, clown afro etc. etc. are ridiculous lol.
mpoT3CHY

Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:32 am

Guys, your level starts from 0 but perks are already at master. The reward shop still has items for sale and the prices are reduced.
Junkhead_

Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:45 am

SinisterLion wrote:
xKnightOfGod wrote:Could that be changed and all we start from the beginning zero clothes,skills etc?and we will be unlocking with days,I think it would be better to have some time to unlock some things or to use reward points
Noooooooo! Personally, I think unlocking skills again would be awful. It's been 5 years, surely that is long enough that we can just... play? ...without having to grind these out from nothing.

I have a similar sentiment regarding clothes. I think largely it would be better if we could look however we wanted from the off. If we do have to unlock gear, I hope the conditions are fairly lenient. Otherwise the gear and the general aesthetics of characters may tend towards elitism as it did in the original run.

Having said all that, I would be in favour of making the joke gear harder to unlock, so that the majority of players look 'normal' for a while. Mohawk, box head, gator head, clown afro etc. etc. are ridiculous lol.
i agree, but i want joke gear i want my bunny head power ranger back lol, i had some characters i thought looked epic. If we have to unlock items its cool but maybe limit it to tournament gear etc. One of the things that sucked most for me with mgo3 was not being able to really personalize your character.
d.b.a batmantis
Coming soon
iPlayNaked

Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:21 pm

Unlock everything. Give custom savemgo gas mask/beret/shirt to tourney winners (when tourney/surv is a thing).

Return to “News”