MGO2R - OFW and 1.36 Update - March

Site and server news.
DNS: 192.3.217.61 / 192.3.217.162
JAD2017

Re: MGO2R - OFW and 1.36 Update

Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:26 pm

Hi, like some others, I've registered upon learning of these great news.

Unfortunately, I'm suspicious of the fact that the 25th anniversary version doesn't work because it doesn't include MGO data on the disc? Correct me if I'm wrong and make my day :P (fingers crossed).
Nitroid

Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:55 pm

Heads up to the mods, I have a friend who may have the 1.36 update for the Japanese version.

I'll reach out to him and let you guys know what I find out.
Solid snake 96

Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:58 pm

:shock: Hey this is gonna make me so happy as an older person best online game ever love metal gear solid games! Anyways I have a jail broken PS3 just to be able to play this will it stop work for me on the cfw ps3?? I really want to play again especially with more players if not how can I reverse the PS3 to ofw :shock: :)
Last edited by Solid snake 96 on Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
F-ZeroRacer07

Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:21 pm

I have come back from the dead old forum to say that this thread made my day.

Question though. I had this game since 2010 and have already updated to 2.0, and am on OFW 4.81. Do I just need to delete the update to get this bad boy running? If so, then I won't have to feel bad about updating my PS3.
president trump
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:41 pm

JAD2017 wrote:Hi, like some others, I've registered upon learning of these great news.

Unfortunately, I'm suspicious of the fact that the 25th anniversary version doesn't work because it doesn't include MGO data on the disc? Correct me if I'm wrong and make my day :P (fingers crossed).
The 25th anniversary/legacy collection edition of MGS4 and the digital version will not work. They're the 2.00 version of MGS4 and have trophies instead of the MGO files, which were removed. You will need a different copy of MGS4, either the Greatest Hits version or the original.
F-ZeroRacer07 wrote:I have come back from the dead old forum to say that this thread made my day.

Question though. I had this game since 2010 and have already updated to 2.0, and am on OFW 4.81. Do I just need to delete the update to get this bad boy running? If so, then I won't have to feel bad about updating my PS3.
Yes, by deleting the MGS4 game data you will be able to access MGO2R once you follow the OFW set-up.
JAD2017

Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:51 pm

president trump wrote:
JAD2017 wrote:Hi, like some others, I've registered upon learning of these great news.

The 25th anniversary/legacy collection edition of MGS4 and the digital version will not work. They're the 2.00 version of MGS4 and have trophies instead of the MGO files, which were removed. You will need a different copy of MGS4, either the Greatest Hits version or the original.
F-ZeroRacer07 wrote:I have come back from the dead old forum to say that this thread made my day.

Yes, by deleting the MGS4 game data you will be able to access MGO2R once you follow the OFW set-up.
Would be possible to implement the MGO data localy and fully, instead of use the MGS4 disc for MGO? In other words, could be possible to downgrade the 25th anniversary just like people can downgrade the original version? Maybe I'm not explaning myself well enough, sorry :lol:

In a nutshell, just like you are able to install the MGS4 data in your PS3 system, wouldn't be possible to install the MGS4 data from an older build and with that, downgrade the 25th anniversary version?

Maybe you have already tried it, just asking :)
Dual2k

Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:03 pm

JAD2017 wrote:
president trump wrote:

Would be possible to implement the MGO data localy and fully, instead of use the MGS4 disc for MGO? In other words, could be possible to downgrade the 25th anniversary just like people can downgrade the original version? Maybe I'm not explaning myself well enough, sorry :lol:

In a nutshell, just like you are able to install the MGS4 data in your PS3 system, wouldn't be possible to install the MGS4 data from an older build and with that, downgrade the 25th anniversary version?

Nope, the BLES/BLUS (whatever u have) are different, and so the data it contains is.
If you load the 25th Anniversary, it won't show the MGO option since the disc doesn't contain that data, even If you install it (different BLES/BLUS code).

Or at least thats what I think.
president trump
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:18 pm

JAD2017 wrote:Would be possible to implement the MGO data localy and fully, instead of use the MGS4 disc for MGO? In other words, could be possible to downgrade the 25th anniversary just like people can downgrade the original version? Maybe I'm not explaning myself well enough, sorry :lol:

No, it won't be possible to use the anniversary/legacy collection MGS4 with older game data since the MGO files are not included on the disc itself.
FooXz

Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:53 pm

Oh Mah Gawd! ill have to let my friends know about this! Greetings from Brazil! :)

EDIT: Btw, could this method be extended to MGO1 so we can play it aswell? like Backward compatibility, know what i mean? i remember playing MGO1 on the PS3 through backwards comp and it was great!
Future_TraX

Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:38 pm

This is insane!
Congrats mates!

Return to “News”