MGO2R - OFW and 1.36 Update - March

Site and server news.
odrax

Re: MGO2R - OFW and 1.36 Update

Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:27 pm

Holy shit Ghz, nice fucking job man!

i'm guessing the old forum login doesn't work so i re-registered.

Time to dust off my cfw ps3 and get back to playing some TSNE :D

I might just sell my cfw ps3 (i only ever bought it for MGO2r) and get one of those little skinny ones and a new controller also, too much quick knifing and the buttons went to shit.

Thank you for all the hard work you put in.
SaladinSilver

Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:28 pm

Just a quick question for the team; are the expansions required to play the game? I have my MGS4 disc from 2008, but i never really bought any expansions for the game.
SaladinSilver

Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:29 pm

JAD2017 wrote:Hi, like some others, I've registered upon learning of these great news.

Unfortunately, I'm suspicious of the fact that the 25th anniversary version doesn't work because it doesn't include MGO data on the disc? Correct me if I'm wrong and make my day :P (fingers crossed).
Yea from what i understand, you need the orignal disc to have MGO files in order to play it so something like Legacy Collection is not gonna work.

But you can buy the original disc for really cheap. Last time i checked it was 8 bucks in EBGames where i live.
JAD2017

Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:32 pm

president trump wrote:
JAD2017 wrote:Would be possible to implement the MGO data localy and fully, instead of use the MGS4 disc for MGO? In other words, could be possible to downgrade the 25th anniversary just like people can downgrade the original version? Maybe I'm not explaning myself well enough, sorry :lol:

In a nutshell, just like you are able to install the MGS4 data in your PS3 system, wouldn't be possible to install the MGS4 data from an older build and with that, downgrade the 25th anniversary version?

Maybe you have already tried it, just asking :)
No, it won't be possible to use the anniversary/legacy collection MGS4 with older game data since the MGO files are not included on the disc itself.
Yeah, I understand that. But my question was if you install the data for an older version of MGS4, will the 25th anniversary edition still ignore the data?

To clarify. If I install my MGS4 25th data on the PS3, the data installed will be 2.0, correct? Is your answer definitive and conclusive on, if I install the data from a MGS4 1.36 and I insert the MGS4 25th disc, it won't recognize the 1.36 data?

If the MGO data is stored on the disc, is there anyway to make said data present on the PS3 without inserting the disc? Is there a way to have a local MGS4+MGO installation at all, even if you need the disc to play?

This was my actual question, sorry if I didn't express myself correctly, English is my 2nd language. And sorry if I insist too much, I really would love to try this when it's released, that's all :lol:
president trump
Former President of SaveMGO

Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:21 am

SaladinSilver wrote:Just a quick question for the team; are the expansions required to play the game? I have my MGS4 disc from 2008, but i never really bought any expansions for the game.
It's a fresh start, and everything is included for free.

JAD2017 wrote: Yeah, I understand that. But my question was if you install the data for an older version of MGS4, will the 25th anniversary edition still ignore the data?

To clarify. If I install my MGS4 25th data on the PS3, the data installed will be 2.0, correct? Is your answer definitive and conclusive on, if I install the data from a MGS4 1.36 and I insert the MGS4 25th disc, it won't recognize the 1.36 data?

If the MGO data is stored on the disc, is there anyway to make said data present on the PS3 without inserting the disc? Is there a way to have a local MGS4+MGO installation at all, even if you need the disc to play?

This was my actual question, sorry if I didn't express myself correctly, English is my 2nd language. And sorry if I insist too much, I really would love to try this when it's released, that's all :lol:
If I remember correctly the 25th anniversary editions/legacy editions install to a different directory (NA MGS4 is BLUS30109, EU is a BLESxxxxx and JP is BLJMxxxxx), and the menu function itself is run from the disc. We cannot back-up/install the full game disc to the HDD on OFW, and then change those files to put the MGO option back in the main menu, in addition to injecting the 1.36 files and the modified game data files for connections to the SaveMGO server, not on OFW.

A MGS4 copy should be really cheap and easy to come by these days. You should probably just take a look on Ebay or at any local store that sells used PS3 games.
I've resigned. I am no longer involved with SaveMGO.
Kyane

Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:35 am

Great news guys ! I have an OG MGS4 disc I got from a Cash Express for dirt cheap a while ago, never booted the game on my ps3. That might the right time to do so ! (And maybe play MGS4 even if I didn't finish MGS2 yet..)
solidpat221

Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:40 am

I just wanted to check , you had mentioned in the videos that unworking features would start functioning in the 1.36 patch. Would this include things like stats and all? Or is it too early to go into specifics?
0brain

Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:21 am

Great job savemgo team :!:
JAD2017

Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:51 am

president trump wrote:
If I remember correctly the 25th anniversary editions/legacy editions install to a different directory (NA MGS4 is BLUS30109, EU is a BLESxxxxx and JP is BLJMxxxxx), and the menu function itself is run from the disc. We cannot back-up/install the full game disc to the HDD on OFW, and then change those files to put the MGO option back in the main menu, in addition to injecting the 1.36 files and the modified game data files for connections to the SaveMGO server, not on OFW.

A MGS4 copy should be really cheap and easy to come by these days. You should probably just take a look on Ebay or at any local store that sells used PS3 games.
Ok, thank you for the detailed explanation :!:
NourishedPsyche

Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:37 am

I had a few friends ask me this, has there been any thought to Konami taking any legal action against SaveMGO or PSN accounts connected to playing MGO2R on OFW? I'm pretty sure most of us would take the risk, but I figured it was a question worth asking.

Not sure if I missed this in the thread, but will you still be able to use your jail broken PS3 to play the new version of the game?

Return to “News”