Actively Looking for Betas/Old Stuff

Site and server news.
DNS: 192.3.217.61 / 192.3.217.162
User avatar
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 639
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 5:21 am

Actively Looking for Betas/Old Stuff

Wed May 18, 2016 8:27 pm

If you have, or know of anyone who has old MGS or MGO-related content, please let us know!

I am very interested in having both the MGO2 Closed Japan Beta, and the Premiere Betas.

The Closed Beta is a lot different from the actual game, as you can see, it's very similar to MGO1:

In addition, the menus are completely different, a hybrid between MGO1 and MGO2's style.

If you have any Premiere Beta still installed from when it was back online, please let me know as well.
Simply downloading it from PSN, doesn't give you the 1.01 or 1.02 Patches that include the actual maps.
I'm guessing this is also the case for the Closed Beta, but I am not sure.
Darksparky
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:57 pm

Re: Actively Looking for Betas/Old Stuff

Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:37 pm

While I don't have my beta files on hand, I do have an interesting MGO2 magazine article from 2009 (GENE expansion was only expansion released at the time of the article). It is quite detailed and interesting. I think at the very least it is worth archiving here.
User avatar
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 639
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 5:21 am

Re: Actively Looking for Betas/Old Stuff

Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:53 am

Darksparky wrote:While I don't have my beta files on hand, I do have an interesting MGO2 magazine article from 2009 (GENE expansion was only expansion released at the time of the article). It is quite detailed and interesting. I think at the very least it is worth archiving here.
Sound cool, what magazine is it from?
Darksparky
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:57 pm

Re: Actively Looking for Betas/Old Stuff

Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:57 am

i have it scanned. its from "2009 playstation 3 cheaters handbook"...the total scanned page count is 21 pages and I have no idea how I should post it on the site. I have it in pdf format as i scanned the physical copy myself.
Darksparky
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:57 pm

Re: Actively Looking for Betas/Old Stuff

Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:59 am

GHzGangster wrote:
Darksparky wrote:While I don't have my beta files on hand, I do have an interesting MGO2 magazine article from 2009 (GENE expansion was only expansion released at the time of the article). It is quite detailed and interesting. I think at the very least it is worth archiving here.
Sound cool, what magazine is it from?
Maybe It would be best to send you the file via different means so you can figure out how to upload it?
User avatar
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 639
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 5:21 am

Re: Actively Looking for Betas/Old Stuff

Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:05 am

Darksparky wrote:
GHzGangster wrote:
Darksparky wrote:While I don't have my beta files on hand, I do have an interesting MGO2 magazine article from 2009 (GENE expansion was only expansion released at the time of the article). It is quite detailed and interesting. I think at the very least it is worth archiving here.
Sound cool, what magazine is it from?
Maybe It would be best to send you the file via different means so you can figure out how to upload it?
Upload it to http://mixtape.moe
Darksparky
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:57 pm

Re: Actively Looking for Betas/Old Stuff

Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:09 am

GHzGangster wrote:
Darksparky wrote:
GHzGangster wrote: Sound cool, what magazine is it from?
Maybe It would be best to send you the file via different means so you can figure out how to upload it?
Upload it to http://mixtape.moe
There, I uploaded it. Tell me what you think of it, and I know there are a few other people who are actually interested in reading it so if you could find a way to put it on the site that would be cool...don't know about copyright issues (I scanned the page with copywrite info just for good measure) but the thing is ancient lol
Last edited by Darksparky on Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 639
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 5:21 am

Re: Actively Looking for Betas/Old Stuff

Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:11 am

Darksparky wrote:
GHzGangster wrote:
Darksparky wrote: Maybe It would be best to send you the file via different means so you can figure out how to upload it?
Upload it to http://mixtape.moe
There, I uploaded it.
And send the link too, it's not my site.
Darksparky
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:57 pm

Re: Actively Looking for Betas/Old Stuff

Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:13 am

https://my.mixtape.moe/vfxgni.pdf

Tell me what you think.
User avatar
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 639
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 5:21 am

Re: Actively Looking for Betas/Old Stuff

Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:06 am

Darksparky wrote:https://my.mixtape.moe/vfxgni.pdf

Tell me what you think.
Really cool man, thanks.

Return to “News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Discord

Forum Theme