New Forums, Archive, and The Future

Site and server news.
DNS: 192.3.217.61 / 192.3.217.162
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Forums, Archive, and The Future

Tue May 17, 2016 5:01 am

After some past consideration and some more time on my end, I've decided to start fresh on the forums.
I will be moving the more-important content here, most content will probably not be moved.
The old forums are archived, and currently available here.
Please be patient while I'm moving content over.
If you have a name dispute, then log in to the old forums, PM me there to prove that is your name, and then PM me here. I will figure it out.

As for the future...

There are quite a few things that I still really want to get done for the site and servers, some in the near-future, and some might take a while.

What I'd like to do very soon:
  • Add a new forum theme and clean up some confusing content
  • Work on a new launcher–removing restrictions like Cobra, allowing password resets, and mods (like custom songs)
  • Finish up the MGS4 music converter
  • Get some of the submitted shirts in-game, get the community to decide which ones they want
What I'd like to do in the future:
  • Work on the Manager and Clan pages
  • Work on getting custom maps in-game without having to replace them
  • Creating tools to help create custom maps, allowing the community to work on their own
  • A better kicking system (not sure about this yet)
As for MGO1, I really don't have any plans right now.

If you guys can think of anything of importance that you think I should work on (that is reasonable, e.g. not survival/tournament), or what I should work on the soonest, let me know.
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Forums, Archive, and The Future

Wed May 18, 2016 11:32 pm

If you guys run across any content that is confusing, or could be improved, please let me know.
jamierogerson1991

Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:44 pm

hi there ive just purchased a jailbroken ps3 off ebay it has this software --Jailbroken ps3 dex 4.75.1 rebug will this allow me to get on mgo or will i need diffrent software could you also attach a link for me of the latest tutorial as im confused about it all now and what dns code i will need to use
thanks
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:22 pm

jamierogerson1991 wrote:hi there ive just purchased a jailbroken ps3 off ebay it has this software --Jailbroken ps3 dex 4.75.1 rebug will this allow me to get on mgo or will i need diffrent software could you also attach a link for me of the latest tutorial as im confused about it all now and what dns code i will need to use
thanks
Yes; viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6; DNS is 192.3.217.61 / 192.3.217.162.
If you have any further questions, I suggest you make a new thread in the Support section.
solidneo

Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:57 am

My IP address is being obtained but internet connection keeps failing. So when i run the launcher is fails to connect and it asks me to check my network settings. Anyone having similar issues?
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:11 am

solidneo wrote:My IP address is being obtained but internet connection keeps failing. So when i run the launcher is fails to connect and it asks me to check my network settings. Anyone having similar issues?
Make a new thread in the MGO2 Support section if you need help.
However, you should get your internet connection working by itself first, and then go to the Connection Status List, copy down all the information, put it all in manually. It should work at that point, then you can add the DNS addresses.
FrancKl

New Forums Archive and The Future

Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:35 pm

First time using the forums? Dont be shy, introduce yourself and tell us a little about you and what brings you to our little corner of the web

Dan

By the way, you can find more info in my new video
Nakedsquish88

Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:30 pm

I'm want to get a 3.55 PS3 so I can play how do I get a game Id? Can I play the mgo2r if I have a Japan import of them go game the version not on the mgs4 game
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:19 am

Nakedsquish88 wrote:I'm want to get a 3.55 PS3 so I can play how do I get a game Id? Can I play the mgo2r if I have a Japan import of them go game the version not on the mgs4 game
You make a game id in the launcher, yes you can use the japan version.
Nakedsquish88

Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:46 am

Alright appreciate it ghz. Sorry my text was kinda of confusing I just re read it myself and realized all the typos haha I was talking to gen snake and he said that u really don't need a disc in the PS3 to play it will play on the launcher... So how would I get the the launcher to work with the jpn import since I thought the launcher was to bring the mgo selection back on to the mgs4 menu... Will the import version need the launcher to play or how does that work? Thanks...

Return to “News”