Back from the dead... In a few months.

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.
yassineya

Back from the dead... In a few months.

Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:11 am

Hello fellow soldiers!

I just wanted to introduce myself again after registering on this new website. So in May 2016 I bought a jailbroken PS3 off ebay... It was a Fat PS3. Before the purchase I was completely unaware of the problems the Fat ver. has! I bought it thinking this: "It looks good, nice design, since I have a slim PS3 this one will sit nicely next to my current one".

...Two weeks later it got YLOD and died... Guess everytime I get close to MGO2 it just runs away from me <tears>

The solution! I am planning to get a brand new PS3. A brand-new-still-sealed-and-from-an-actual-shop to which I will transfer all my data from my current PS3 to this one. Then I'll purchase the necessary tools to jailbreak my Slim PS3 (I'm still lucky I have a jailbreakable model!), do it at home and install MGO2 on that one and hopefully everything will be good.
Still wondering if I can use my characters from MGO2R on this console (use the same log-ins?), idk I'll probably ask that on the support board.

Anyway, I'll see you guys on the battlefield when I sort this mess. I'll be back in September at best.

Until then, *salute*
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Back from the dead... In a few months.

Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:14 am

yassineya wrote:Hello fellow soldiers!

I just wanted to introduce myself again after registering on this new website. So in May 2016 I bought a jailbroken PS3 off ebay... It was a Fat PS3. Before the purchase I was completely unaware of the problems the Fat ver. has! I bought it thinking this: "It looks good, nice design, since I have a slim PS3 this one will sit nicely next to my current one".

...Two weeks later it got YLOD and died... Guess everytime I get close to MGO2 it just runs away from me <tears>

The solution! I am planning to get a brand new PS3. A brand-new-still-sealed-and-from-an-actual-shop to which I will transfer all my data from my current PS3 to this one. Then I'll purchase the necessary tools to jailbreak my Slim PS3 (I'm still lucky I have a jailbreakable model!), do it at home and install MGO2 on that one and hopefully everything will be good.
Still wondering if I can use my characters from MGO2R on this console (use the same log-ins?), idk I'll probably ask that on the support board.

Anyway, I'll see you guys on the battlefield when I sort this mess. I'll be back in September at best.

Until then, *salute*
Sucks that your Fat died, mine is still going strong. Really prefer it to the Slim, but it happens.
That process will work fine, you can use the same characters as well, just put in the same game id.
yassineya

Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:53 am

Ok! Thanks man :D
Can't wait to come back
MaximumCarnageSon

Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:56 am

Mine broke a while back too. What a shame

Return to “Naomi's Convos”