Meryl and Johnny duel-wielding

A place to discuss any Metal Gear games, please avoid or at least warn about spoilers.
Kreeperskid

Meryl and Johnny duel-wielding

Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:13 am

I was watching a video of MGS4 and I find it somewhat funny that both Meryl and Johnny just happen to be great at duel-wielding pistols. Meryl, I can understand, she carries 2 Desert Eagles, but where tf did Johnny pick that skill up? I wouldn't think that would be in training, and I doubt Meryl would've taught him because she didn't seem to like him all that much up until he saved her, which there wouldn't have been enough time for her to teach him. I know this is something you're supposed to just overlook, but I feel like a cutscene or two of her teaching him would have made the characters feel bonded a bit more. This game confuses me so much. She doesn't like him really at all, then he saves her, then they're both badasses, and they're married. Like wtf?!
CorruptedKnife

Re: Meryl and Johnny duel-wielding

Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:41 am

Y'know, I was thinking about these two-- especially Johnny's diarrhea problem. He couldn't stop the aches in Shadow Moses (MGS1), couldn't stop it in MGS4, yet he was completely okay during the wedding. Like the first time through that cutscene I was half expecting for him to shit himself right before the kiss. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Did I miss something or Meryl shoved some REALLY EFFECTIVE PILLS down his throat?

He was also okay when he was fighting off the FROGs with Meryl. What le actual f---?
Kreeperskid

Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:16 pm

I think it's just he wasn't wearing his mask. Maybe it was because he was being called Akiba? Makes no sense to me. Also how does he just "duck out" when everyone else is getting mandatory nanomachine shots? How did they not notice he never got them? In the final fight we see him in (I think it's the final fight), he's getting riddled with bullets. Meryl, fine, she can't really feel them because science, but how tf is Johnny just walking away from them like nothing happened. Also I noticed when he saves Meryl and he has the huge ass sniper, he pulls out his XM8, but it literally comes out nowhere, GTA style
president trump
Former President of SaveMGO

Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:07 pm

Kreeperskid wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:16 pm
Also I noticed when he saves Meryl and he has the huge ass sniper, he pulls out his XM8, but it literally comes out nowhere, GTA style
Well without the poop he had a place to keep it :!:
I've resigned. I am no longer involved with SaveMGO.

Return to “Shadow Moses”