MGS4 DLC Server

A place to discuss any Metal Gear games, please avoid or at least warn about spoilers.
markamiga500
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:26 pm

Re: MGS4 DLC Server

Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:31 am

molevision wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:20 am
markamiga500 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:41 pm
Molevision : ...I need to Exchange the USRDIR folder ?

I must delete/replace the game folder to yours and it will work ? I will not lose anything else from the digital game ?
No no, don't replace or delete anything. Only add. Copy the dlc folder to mgs/ and copy all the contents of the dbm folder to mgs/dbm.

The full path to the mgs folder is
dev_hdd0/game/NPUB31633/USRDIR/mgs/

I hope that helps.
ok i will try that
i give you a reply in couples of minutes
markamiga500
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:26 pm

Re: MGS4 DLC Server

Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:35 am

markamiga500 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:31 am
molevision wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:20 am
markamiga500 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:41 pm
Molevision : ...I need to Exchange the USRDIR folder ?

I must delete/replace the game folder to yours and it will work ? I will not lose anything else from the digital game ?
No no, don't replace or delete anything. Only add. Copy the dlc folder to mgs/ and copy all the contents of the dbm folder to mgs/dbm.

The full path to the mgs folder is
dev_hdd0/game/NPUB31633/USRDIR/mgs/

I hope that helps.
ok i will try that
i give you a reply in couples of minutes
I checked and its exactly what i have already done
BUT ...after doing theses step and rebooting console to save the changes , the game now refuse to boot properly (and it was working flawlessly prior theses steps)

Im really wondering if adding theses files that cames from the physical version can work properly on a PSN digital version....??

I dont understand WHY the game became useless.... if someone can pop and try this on his own on his HEN/CFW console to give update it would be nice!
markamiga500
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:26 pm

Re: MGS4 DLC Server

Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:44 am

markamiga500 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:35 am
markamiga500 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:31 am
molevision wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:20 am


No no, don't replace or delete anything. Only add. Copy the dlc folder to mgs/ and copy all the contents of the dbm folder to mgs/dbm.

The full path to the mgs folder is
dev_hdd0/game/NPUB31633/USRDIR/mgs/

I hope that helps.
ok i will try that
i give you a reply in couples of minutes
I checked and its exactly what i have already done
BUT ...after doing theses step and rebooting console to save the changes , the game now refuse to boot properly (and it was working flawlessly prior theses steps)

Im really wondering if adding theses files that cames from the physical version can work properly on a PSN digital version....??

I dont understand WHY the game became useless.... if someone can pop and try this on his own on his HEN/CFW console to give update it would be nice!
To explain it better : the game boot , but console dont freeze but stuck black screen JUST after the Gold Color DOLBY little ad... just before the game start actually.... :(
markamiga500
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:26 pm

Re: MGS4 DLC Server

Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:58 pm

molevision wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:20 am
markamiga500 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:41 pm
Molevision : ...I need to Exchange the USRDIR folder ?

I must delete/replace the game folder to yours and it will work ? I will not lose anything else from the digital game ?
No no, don't replace or delete anything. Only add. Copy the dlc folder to mgs/ and copy all the contents of the dbm folder to mgs/dbm.

The full path to the mgs folder is
dev_hdd0/game/NPUB31633/USRDIR/mgs/

I hope that helps.
LAST UPDATE 25 JULY 2020 :

After severals hours of trying , OUT OF NOWWHERE the game booted and I was able to actually play and finish somes early level !!! (awesome) Th game started AFTER i erased the dlc folder weirdly....

Molevision . are you completely sure at 100% that the DLC folder REALLY go in the mgs folder simply ?
molevision
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:05 pm

Re: MGS4 DLC Server

Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:06 pm

markamiga500 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:58 pm
molevision wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:20 am
markamiga500 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:41 pm
Molevision : ...I need to Exchange the USRDIR folder ?

I must delete/replace the game folder to yours and it will work ? I will not lose anything else from the digital game ?
No no, don't replace or delete anything. Only add. Copy the dlc folder to mgs/ and copy all the contents of the dbm folder to mgs/dbm.

The full path to the mgs folder is
dev_hdd0/game/NPUB31633/USRDIR/mgs/

I hope that helps.
LAST UPDATE 25 JULY 2020 :

After severals hours of trying , OUT OF NOWWHERE the game booted and I was able to actually play and finish somes early level !!! (awesome) Th game started AFTER i erased the dlc folder weirdly....

Molevision . are you completely sure at 100% that the DLC folder REALLY go in the mgs folder simply ?
Maybe when the game installs the DLC data, there is something that ties the data to the console ID. I would advise you try to get a disk copy or iso and install the data that way, then move it over to the digital copy by my method. It's a little roundabout but it worked fine for me, and I kept the disk version anyway on 1.0 to play MGO off of it. I hope that way works out for you, sorry my files didn't work, but I'm sure the method is correct. Just finished the game yesterday with no problems.
User avatar
Derrik ∞ GHz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1030
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:02 pm

Re: MGS4 DLC Server

Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:44 pm

molevision wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:06 pm
Maybe when the game installs the DLC data, there is something that ties the data to the console ID. I would advise you try to get a disk copy or iso and install the data that way, then move it over to the digital copy by my method. It's a little roundabout but it worked fine for me, and I kept the disk version anyway on 1.0 to play MGO off of it. I hope that way works out for you, sorry my files didn't work, but I'm sure the method is correct. Just finished the game yesterday with no problems.
Nothing ties it to console id or anything like that. Not sure why it wouldn't work by just copying stuff over.
markamiga500
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:26 pm

Re: MGS4 DLC Server

Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:27 pm

Saterminator13 wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:55 pm
I suppose I only have one question, will you guys ever be able to get chair race added to the list so we can have the complete iPod collection?
I now i reply in 2020 but , the answer is NO at the moment

"DBM files are an extension of BGM files, and are used for iPod music. They contain an additional metadata section for iPod display. They are exclusive to Metal Gear Solid 4."

Either you must find someone who worked for MGS4 in Sony Konami Sound Production and ask him if he still have the "Chair Race" in .dbm format

Either you find someone who worked at Konami Sound Production during MGS4 period and ask him what was the tools used to actually created theses modified .dbm songs in order that US MGS fans could find a way to create custom songs with theses programs.
markamiga500
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:26 pm

Re: MGS4 DLC Server

Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:44 pm

Derrik ∞ GHz wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:44 pm
molevision wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:06 pm
Maybe when the game installs the DLC data, there is something that ties the data to the console ID. I would advise you try to get a disk copy or iso and install the data that way, then move it over to the digital copy by my method. It's a little roundabout but it worked fine for me, and I kept the disk version anyway on 1.0 to play MGO off of it. I hope that way works out for you, sorry my files didn't work, but I'm sure the method is correct. Just finished the game yesterday with no problems.
Nothing ties it to console id or anything like that. Not sure why it wouldn't work by just copying stuff over.
Molevision was right.
I tryed this solution before seeing his final answer but it definitelly worked for me on my PSN Digital version of MGS4.

the .dbm songs/podcast are not encrypted files , BUT the other DLC (camo etc) are encrypted and need to be signed on the actual console to be used.

I installed PSN digital MGS4.pkg
then i installed my MGS day one edition disc (it only installed the database on the hdd)
changing the DNS information on my PS3 i was able to download 50 files (thanks you guys!)
from there i copied the mgs dbm/dlc folder content and copied in the right section of the PSN digital version
and i quickly erased the disc versiob database on hdd ....and ...voila ! :)

So So so Happy to have my good old podcast & songs to listen on the battlefield , what a relief afer all theses years.

METAL GEAR SOLID Forever guys !
I hear good things about Kojima San and Konami new headstaff talking peacefully now
I hope one day kojima/konami will work together to give us : MGSV : The False Patricide on coming PS5
(Playing Early Military days of Young Solid Snake infiltrating OuterHeaven and Killing Venom)

Take care & stay safe while playings mgs games ;)
markamiga500
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:26 pm

Re: MGS4 DLC Server

Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:53 am

Derrik ∞ GHz wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:44 pm
molevision wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:06 pm
Maybe when the game installs the DLC data, there is something that ties the data to the console ID. I would advise you try to get a disk copy or iso and install the data that way, then move it over to the digital copy by my method. It's a little roundabout but it worked fine for me, and I kept the disk version anyway on 1.0 to play MGO off of it. I hope that way works out for you, sorry my files didn't work, but I'm sure the method is correct. Just finished the game yesterday with no problems.
Nothing ties it to console id or anything like that. Not sure why it wouldn't work by just copying stuff over.
Derrik ,
did any MGO still work on 29th of July 2020 ?

I never been able to try theses online games
I tried today and it dont work for me
....im wondering if your servers are up and running ?
User avatar
Derrik ∞ GHz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1030
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:02 pm

Re: MGS4 DLC Server

Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:52 pm

markamiga500 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:53 am
...
We got Chair Race from someone else's PS3. It's on there as well.
The camos are not tied to a specific console either. It's the same file for everyone, same as the audio files.

And yes, MGO2 is still up, that's mostly what the site revolves around.

Return to “Shadow Moses”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Discord

Forum Theme