MGS4 DLC Server

A place to discuss any Metal Gear games, please avoid or at least warn about spoilers.
Pokeria1

Re: MGS4 DLC Server

Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:08 pm

Hi. I still intend to get the MGS4 DLC, but I need to get a PS3 first so I can do the Japanese and English versions (and hopefully you managed to find a way to get the Chair music).

There is one thing I need to know: Are there any plans to get the Peace Walker DLC Server back up and running as well?
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:34 pm

Pokeria1 wrote:
Hi. I still intend to get the MGS4 DLC, but I need to get a PS3 first so I can do the Japanese and English versions (and hopefully you managed to find a way to get the Chair music).

There is one thing I need to know: Are there any plans to get the Peace Walker DLC Server back up and running as well?
I have no idea about PW DLC, so probably not.
Pokeria1

Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:14 pm

GHzGangster wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:34 pm
Pokeria1 wrote:

I have no idea about PW DLC, so probably not.
Eh, oh well. I got most if not all of the PW DLC onto Metal Gear Wiki anyway (probably the only ones I missed were the VOCALOID stuff). Of course, it wasn't easy, especially when wasn't able to log onto the PSN via the PSP despite setting it up with my router until nearly a month before the DLC was due to be shut down, and then I had to go into overdrive just to post all the DLC on there, even order a lot of stuff online to get as much of the DLC as I could (why Kojima insisted on doing product-placement stuff where you have to buy Mountain Dew Cans just to get the necessary passcode for T-shirts, I do not know), which also forced me to delay staying at school for a weekend until October because of it (and that ultimately fell through anyway).
Meekasnake

Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:10 pm

I just wanna give you guys a massive thank you. Came back to the game, all my saves were gone and I was gutted I'd lost all this stuff. Found this forum but wasn't sure it would still work in 2018. And yet it did, perfectly. You guys are the best and are a blessing to the community <3
SolidSnake1993

Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:07 pm

Is this compatible with the Japanese version of MGS4? In case you didn't know, PS3 is region free, so American PS3's can play Japanese games. I imported the Japanese MGS4, and was wondering if I could connect to the server similarly to download the missing DLC.
F-ZeroRacer07

Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:12 am

Does anyone here still have the "Chair Race" song DLC installed on their PS3s? From what I remember, that song was removed due to licensing issues I think maybe around 2010 or '11 or '12.

I'm only asking after seeing this:
https://twitter.com/Nitroid/status/1033515735128203264
Johns723

Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:12 am

I have a question about the digital version. I'm aware the extras can't be downloaded with digital version.

But what about downloading the extras with the disc version. Will the digital version be able to use the extras downloaded from the disc version? Since the data is stored somewhere on the hard drive (mgs4 data settings?). Or are the extras only usable with the disc version?

I really would like to bypass having to use the disc versions. Have all the MGS games as digital downloads. Used to have the discs but got rid of physical collection to save space.
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:01 am

Johns723 wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:12 am
I have a question about the digital version. I'm aware the extras can't be downloaded with digital version.

But what about downloading the extras with the disc version. Will the digital version be able to use the extras downloaded from the disc version? Since the data is stored somewhere on the hard drive (mgs4 data settings?). Or are the extras only usable with the disc version?

I really would like to bypass having to use the disc versions. Have all the MGS games as digital downloads. Used to have the discs but got rid of physical collection to save space.
No, they have different game ids. I'm not sure why it doesn't work on other versions of MGS4, but it should be possible to put them in using other methods, like some sort of file manager. But that doesn't exist at this time.

Return to “Shadow Moses”