Keeping alive (also) MGS PW VS - host matches

Discuss Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (MPO), Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (PWO), and any other online games.
johnny_dive

Keeping alive (also) MGS PW VS - host matches

Sat May 06, 2017 1:08 pm

It was some time that I wanted play again that old "minor" MGS game, in addition to try the legendary MGO2.
So I bought a Ps3 and made the setup for a 4.80 CFW, and then 4.81 CFW Rebug in order to get
a connection to PSN, and play to Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker in VS mode

Normally the multiplayer seem dead, but fortunately I found a first user interested, and made a first
hosting test for a series of deathmatches. And when two people meet, arrives the third.

In a pair of hour of play the connection worked well, with no error.
I am based in EU ( italy), with a 26-30ms ping, 12MBs / 770KBs connection, that's enough for work.

:idea:The idea is to keep alive also this minor brother of MGO, because it's the only avaliable at the moment for user on OFW,
and because it's a really, really funny game! This hosting regularly some list of matches, with friendly rules.
:idea:

Once accepted that textures are in low def, and the style is a little childish, you notice that is 's another MGO:
- hundred of weapons, tons of suits, toons of objects. The weapon you developed in R&D.
- the graphic is low def but run really fast at 60fps
- team play: you can save other buddies from death, not just shot
- no overcrowding: max 3vs3 matches. What happens is not random but under control
- the audio radar soliton works better than a map, like a directional danger
- no classes ;D the soldiers you fulton in game became your S+ player in VS

As beginning:
:arrow: FRIDAY MSF EVENT! :arrow:
Team deatmatch - Base missions - Quetzal capture
(H 9:00 GMT-1, host from EU)
Last edited by johnny_dive on Tue May 09, 2017 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"(...)We are soldiers without borders, our purpose defined by the era we live in. (...)And yes, we may all be headed straight to hell. But what better place for us than this? It's our only home. Our heaven and our hell. This is Outer Heaven." BB
Saveliy23

Re: Keeping alive (also) MGS PW VS - host matches

Sat May 06, 2017 1:18 pm

I do play PW almost everytime every week on PS3. I love it almost to my heart haha.

What's your name there? I might have met you before.
Mine's Saveliy23 just like on this forum :)
johnny_dive

Sat May 06, 2017 1:25 pm

I remember a savely from 3 years ago...
The user and the HOST will be listed as johnny_dive. I think this solution works well in EU, when I played with japanese players, I seen often lag, glitches and other
strange thing like characters that disappear when trown CQC.

Howehever as seen yesterday, is not moment to be exigent: when there are 4 ppl playing, it's a sort of lobby!
"(...)We are soldiers without borders, our purpose defined by the era we live in. (...)And yes, we may all be headed straight to hell. But what better place for us than this? It's our only home. Our heaven and our hell. This is Outer Heaven." BB
XxAsunaxX

Sat May 06, 2017 3:47 pm

Add me on PSN: Golation
I'm usually on MGO3/FOB or speed running the other MGS, but i can join if someone hostz on PW :)
xJEDDAH-_-BOYx

Sun May 07, 2017 7:34 pm

Saveliy23 wrote:I do play PW almost everytime every week on PS3. I love it almost to my heart haha.

What's your name there? I might have met you before.
Mine's Saveliy23 just like on this forum :)

Hahahaba dude i didn't realize you were in savemgo.com how are you it's me xJeddah-_-Boyx remember when we used to play PW till MGO3 came and ruined once called tactical espionage action? Good o'l days are coming back with OFW in May! Finally!
johnny_dive

Tue May 09, 2017 4:45 pm

:arrow: FRIDAY MSF EVENT! :arrow:
Every weapon count, no limits to tactics.

Because MGO2 is so nice but at the moment really, really too hard!
(Time to take some revenge :o )

If there are more user out there, better play online up in the same time !
8-)
XxAsunaxX

Wed May 10, 2017 3:30 pm

johnny_dive wrote::arrow: FRIDAY MSF EVENT! :arrow:
Every weapon count, no limits to tactics.

Because MGO2 is so nice but at the moment really, really too hard!
(Time to take some revenge :o )

If there are more user out there, better play online up in the same time !
8-)
Just take out the launchers, some can 1 shot you, there's no real skill in that :/
bunbunpowah

Wed May 10, 2017 9:53 pm

I haven't played PWO in forever but I wouldn't mind doing mixes here or there. I know one of the most used guns was the ADM-63 in vs ops lol.
XxAsunaxX

Thu May 11, 2017 2:47 pm

bunbunpowah wrote:I haven't played PWO in forever but I wouldn't mind doing mixes here or there. I know one of the most used guns was the ADM-63 in vs ops lol.
its ADM-65 :)
Add us on PSN then :)
johnny_dive

Thu May 11, 2017 3:47 pm

:arrow: This the list of ex MSF interested (will update this list with new entries and habituées)
@xJEDDAH-_-BOYx
@XxAsunaxX
@bunbunpowah
@johnny_dive
@Saveliy23
@...

@bunbunpowah Hallo, If you have the time, consider to play the story. MGS PW is the conjunction between MGS3 and MGSV:GZ.
Without this game you can't understand the revenge spirit of Big Boss. And the game - as minor game - is better than MGSV (!).
Yes AMD 63 is the basis for AMD 65. It's the overpowered and most used weapon (a little boring) because
it allow a one bullet headshot and is lightweight. RPK is also use but need more pratice.

But don't worry the level of the clash will adapt to the situation.
This game is pervaded by a certain amount of humor, and its players do not take too seriously :) .
At least until the typical Japanese user arrives in costume and begins to headshot all ;D

Return to “Past Online Discussion”