HOST PROBLEM! PPL CAN'T JOIN!! HELP!!

Ask for help, and find others with the same issue.
PrivateSNAFU

HOST PROBLEM! PPL CAN'T JOIN!! HELP!!

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:05 pm

Hi all! Before opening this new topic about hosting problems I read all topics about this problem but I didn't find a solution.

Atm my ps3 settings are: static IP, dns 8888 8844, mtu 1492, server proxy off, upnp enable and nat2.
In mgo upnp enable.
In my router the upnp is enable and I obviously see the ports 5730 and 3658.
With this configuration ppl can't join.

I also tried with dmz after turning off upnp in the ps3 and in the router. Nothing. Also turning off in mgo.Nothing.

Then I tried to enable port 5730 in port forwarding turning. (in this case I'm not sure cuz I don't remember if upnp in the ps3 must be off like in the router.) Seems nothing anyway.

Any advice?
I dunno what else I do.
I appreciate your help Guys!
president trump

Re: HOST PROBLEM! PPL CAN'T JOIN!! HELP!!

Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:10 am

Is your router and PS3 restarted to affect the different settings each time?

In your router, remove all the port-forwarding you set up and just opt to DMZ your PS3's IP address. Restart your router and restart your PS3. That should work. If it doesn't, in MGO try hosting the room with UPNP on or off, and do the same in your PS3 with UPNP on/off. Try each combination.

It's very rare joining problems like this occur.
I've resigned. I am no longer involved with SaveMGO.
PrivateSNAFU

Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:54 pm

Ok. And the upnp in my router while I make these attempts? Must it be disable? I remember when the dmz is on the upnp is usually off cuz it's not necessary. What's the best setting anyway?
president trump

Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:48 pm

PrivateSNAFU wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:54 pm
Ok. And the upnp in my router while I make these attempts? Must it be disable? I remember when the dmz is on the upnp is usually off cuz it's not necessary. What's the best setting anyway?
If DMZ disables it then that's fine. Some routers will only do one or the other. DMZ is usually the best since it's the easiest and you don't have to forward any ports, but as long as you're able to host (and have people join) it doesn't really matter. I should also mention that you should have at least two people try and join your room, I've heard of instances where two people can't play together, regardless of their settings. And if neither people can join you'll have to post back with the error they get upon trying.
I've resigned. I am no longer involved with SaveMGO.

Return to “MGO2 Support”