Black screen when accessing Online Option in MGO2

Ask for help, and find others with the same issue.
FULL-CLIP6915

Black screen when accessing Online Option in MGO2

Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:55 am

Using OFW the disk tray is also making noises like its trying to read but gets stuck. My first thought was the data and the disc were different. made sure the back up was NA just as my disc. Play games in it all the time and everything else works on the disc. Any ideas? The instructions were simple enough.
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Black screen when accessing Online Option in MGO2

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:24 am

FULL-CLIP6915 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:55 am
Using OFW the disk tray is also making noises like its trying to read but gets stuck. My first thought was the data and the disc were different. made sure the back up was NA just as my disc. Play games in it all the time and everything else works on the disc. Any ideas? The instructions were simple enough.
Sorry I didn't respond earlier...

I would try and clean your disc up with a microfiber cloth and some alcohol. Your disc might be bad, or the laser might be on it's way out. Could also be your hard drive if it's really old, could be failing and slowing everything down.
FULL-CLIP6915

Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:58 am

Thanks for the response. I have cleaned everything and checked it all out. you may be right. just strange and aggravating at the same time. I guess some ps3 games work harder on you console than others. My next step is to just try on another system and see what happens. The weird thing is all my other games work and save fine MGS4 works great...Just cant get that Online option to open. after cleaning the lense the loud noises weren't as loud. But you can still hear it as if trying to read. One thing I have noticed is without USB update for MGO2...It doesn't freeze. I still getthe black screen but just boots me to XMB.
Musicgenius

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:54 am

Back when MGO 2 first launched in 2008 the very first copy of MGS4 that I had was just like yours. It did everything else on the disk normally. I could play the game, save it, and all. But every time I tried to Play MGO and selected it from the main menu the screen went black for awhile before eventually booting me back to the XMB. I tried everything I could to fix it. Reinstalled the game and every thing. I eventually figured it was just a bad disk and went to the store and replaced it with a different one. That fixed the problem. I could play MGO now. I think maybe just a select few CDs out there don't work or have some glitch in them that kicks some back to the XMB when trying to access MGO. I wasn't the only one I met with this problem back then. It is rare but I think that is what might be happening. Unless you were using this same disk back on the official servers then I don't know. Maybe try a different disk with MGO on it and see if that fixes the problem? If not then maybe it is your PS3. Best of luck.

Return to “MGO2 Support”