Requirements for hosting.

Ask for help, and find others with the same issue.
JeffreyGoines

Requirements for hosting.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:42 pm

Ive been trying to host lobbies which works properly, weird thing is that no one will ever join. Some guy told me he couldnt connect so i thought that maybe most or many people just cant connect. My router doesnt support UPnP so i was wondering if that could be the problem, and if so, what exactly do i have to do to get it working?, like do i have to open certain ports or something?.
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Requirements for hosting.

Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:41 am

JeffreyGoines wrote:
Ive been trying to host lobbies which works properly, weird thing is that no one will ever join. Some guy told me he couldnt connect so i thought that maybe most or many people just cant connect. My router doesnt support UPnP so i was wondering if that could be the problem, and if so, what exactly do i have to do to get it working?, like do i have to open certain ports or something?.
Yes. portforward.com (or something like that). By default, the game uses 5730 UDP, I think.

Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:13 pm

GHzGangster wrote:
JeffreyGoines wrote:
Yes. portforward.com (or something like that). By default, the game uses 5730 UDP, I think.
Can i host on 96k? And do i know which speed i use?
president trump

Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:49 pm

213 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:13 pm
GHzGangster wrote:
JeffreyGoines wrote:
Can i host on 96k? And do i know which speed i use?
It's possible, sure, but it will be shitty. The best rooms are wired 512k with good internet and, generally speaking, players from at least the same continent not limiting their own uploads.

Go to http://speedtest.net and post your results. Most people can host 512 no problem.
I've resigned. I am no longer involved with SaveMGO.
JeffreyGoines

Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:28 pm

well i figured it out eventually. my router doesnt support UPnP so i just had to portfoward manually...thx for the support.

Return to “MGO2 Support”