Current Errors and issues you may have

Ask for help, and find others with the same issue.
BobbySorrowEnJoy

Re: Current Errors and issues you may have

Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:15 pm

Rodrigo88 wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:40 am
Hi,
I bought the greatest hits version of MGS4, I did everything step by step following the tutorial, I downloaded both the torrent and the direct versions of the OFW from North America, my USB is formatted FAT32, I tried with both files, but when I insert the MGS4 disc on my ps3 theres a message saying "thank you for playing metal gear online, since the servers are now down all data from mgo will be deleted" and there`s no option for cancelling or going back,
what on earth am I doing wrong?
I Have similar problem ,, I have Greatest hits of MGS 4 also ,, I can guess the problem is maybe because even Greatest hits version the game is already applied latest patch / update which automatically remove MGO feature when launch the game,,I see 25 anniversary logo on my game disc cover ! damn I was get hyped for this now all hope is Gone,,there's nothing I can do cause the game disc already applied latest patch.
NGizzle

Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:22 pm

In the menu sound cuts out every 4 seconds for a 1 second interval, then gameplay/sound freezes for about 5 seconds probably twice a minute then resumes, really annoying when playing. Other players say it looks like I'm ls'ing or stuck in motion. I've bought a new disc and PS is fine with other games, any suggestions?
NextPleaseNY

Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:04 pm

DeusVult wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:54 pm

Anyone want to answer this please? I'll just make a thread later if not.
Port forwarding is safe because it only dedicates a communication port (MGO2 needs Port #5730) between the PS3 and the server for between communication. DMZ means placing the PS3 behind the router firewall so the PS3 can easily access many communication ports (including MGO2 Port #5730). DMZ for PS3 OFW is also considered to be safe because no virus can affect the PS3 and Sony regularly patches any vulnerabilities.

If you are on OFW then both methods are safe. Try port forwarding because it only opens one port for your PS3 (DMZ will open more).
TakayukiAzuta

Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:34 pm

Not sure if this is a network issue or a bug but I noticed a lot of explosions had no effect on people, like an explosion by a grenade or a car. No damage, no flying away, nothing. I had this now a couple of times including myself getting involved in a explosion but nothing happened.
testingdunno

Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:03 pm

Could anyone help with a blackscreen issue after selecing MGO from the menu? I'm using the original EU disc and downloaded EU files, it doesn't prompt me to update to 2.0 or anything. I already tried redownloading and restoring my ps3 like 3 times with different usb drives and even the NA files, and also deleting the mgs4 data and then re-installing it but in that case as soon as I select MGO it takes me back to the XMB. What do? Any help would be appreciated
NextPleaseNY

Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:07 am

testingdunno wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:03 pm
Could anyone help with a blackscreen issue after selecing MGO from the menu? I'm using the original EU disc and downloaded EU files, it doesn't prompt me to update to 2.0 or anything. I already tried redownloading and restoring my ps3 like 3 times with different usb drives and even the NA files, and also deleting the mgs4 data and then re-installing it but in that case as soon as I select MGO it takes me back to the XMB. What do? Any help would be appreciated
Make sure the disc is clean. Somone had a similar problem and got solved by simply cleaning the disc.
pickels25

Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:49 pm

Was playing and logging in just fine the past couple of days, now I'm stuck at the log in screen and keep getting errors, am I the only one?
DogStreet_

Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Nope i keep getting and error at the log in the screen too
Red Fire

Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:23 pm

Either server is down or he's doing maintenance.
TimeXXXX

Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:28 pm

see u in hell MGO Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Return to “MGO2 Support”