With the focus shifting towards OFW players, i decided i will take the time while MGO installs to guide people though installing the game on CFW from start to finish.
This guide requires basic usage of FTP, MultiMan and CFW so be warned.
There are three steps. SETUP, GAME and INSTALL. If you've already got one of the three done, you should be able to move on without issue, but if you encounter issues it would be best to start from the beginning.
Spoiler:1. Make sure that CCAPI (Console Control API) is uninstalled, this can be done by just starting the installer on your XMB if you still have it.
(If you dont, download it again. If you're new to CFW and dont have this, go on to the next step.)
2. Make sure that Webman Mod is disabled, this can be done by just starting the updater on your XMB if you still have it. If you dont, download it again.
(Same goes if you're new to CFW and dont have it, next step.)
3. If you have used PSNPatch while using your PS3, you may need to restore default settings to re-enable the BD Emulator. Go to Multiman -> Settings -> BD-ROM Emulator (The very last option) and press X, if it says (Unavailable) you will need to follow the next couple steps. If it doesnt, skip to step 11.
4. Backup all of your saves and important data that isnt game installs as they will stay.
5. In MultiMan, download the latest version from the Web tab at the very right. It will be the (UPD) version.
6. Go to the XMB -> Settings -> Network Settings -> Media Server Connection -> Enable.
7. Go to System Settings and select Restore Default Settings, you will need to connect your PS3 controller to your PS3 using the charging cable when it resets.
8. Go through the initial setup again.
9. Once you're done, install Multiman (Upd) from your Package Manager on your XMB.
10. Once the install is done, start MultiMan and go though its own initial setup. Go back to Settings -> BD-ROM Emulator and hit Enable. Restart your PS3.
11. Head to REBUG Toolbox through XMB and make sure that both "Toogle COBRA Mode" and "Toggle webMAN" are Disabled, Restart your PS3.
(It should do it automatically when you exit if you had to disable COBRA mode)
GAMESpoiler:12. If you have an ORIGINAL (Not 25th Anniversary or Legacy) disk version of MGS4 and are using CFW, head forward to INSTALL.
13. If you have a 25th Anniversary or Legacy disk version of MGS4, skip to step 18.
14. If you have a PSN Download version of MGS4, download http://www.psx-place.com/threads/psn-liberator-convert-psn-content-to-disc-format.1168/.
15. Start up Multiman on your PS3 and follow the instructions PSN Liberator gives you.
16. Once the initial setup is done, you will need to retrieve the Game Folder and .rap from your PS3.
(The game will be in /dev_hdd0/games/ and the .rap will be in /dev_hdd0/home/0000000x/exdata/)
17. Run the folder and the .rap file through PSN Liberator into a new folder named MGS4 or something similar.
(This process takes a while)
18. If you own a 25th Anniversary or Legacy edition disk, insert the disk into your PS3, open Multiman, press Triangle on the MGS4 disk and select "Copy". Once the process is done, this will be your MGS4 folder.
If you're using the PSN/PSNLiberator Version, do the next steps with Windows. If you're using a disk, use the next steps with FTP (FileZilla)
19. Once thats completed, download https://mega.nz/#!kg8DQLSR!_tde9hR0Ke-d6bJGnbBoUwBf2FESKwXTC-7HSd-99n0.
20. Unrar the PS3_GAME folder and you'll find another PS3_GAME folder, this is going to go into your MGS4 folder and replace the files inside it.
21. Go to MGS4/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/mgs/ and delete the folder "stage".
22. Drag the downloaded folder PS3_GAME (The one that contains USRDIR and PARAM.SFO) and drop it into /MGS4/ so the two folders merge.
23. Select YES to replacing files.
24. Move your MGS4 folder to your PS3's GAMES folder if you havent already.
24. Your MGS4 is now MGO ready. Mount the game using MultiMan and get ready for the next steps.
INSTALLSpoiler:As Trump stated in the post below, the Main Tutorial is https://savemgo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=117, but while you're here:
25. Download the two files from https://savemgo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3 being MGO2R Launcher and 1.34-STORM
26. Start Multiman, transfer those two files to your "Package" folder through FTP.
27. Start MGS4, install the Game Data
28. Start Metal Gear Online from above Extras, let it install the game data.
29. Press start through Metal Gear Online, let it get to the Terms and Service then quit to the XMB
30. Go to Settings -> Network Settings -> Internet Connection Settings
31. Select custom, go through the setup as you would for any connection, stop when it reaches DNS Setting
32. Select Manual, set the Primary DNS to 18.104.22.168 and the Secondary DNS to 22.214.171.124
33. Continue through the setup as normal, test the connection.
34. IP Address should Succeed, Internet Connection should Fail.
35. If that is correct, go back to XMB and head to Package Installer
36. Install MGO2R Launcher.pkg
37. Start the newly installed Launcher
38. It will start to copy files from your MGS4 game, once it is finished it will instruct you to press X and restart the launcher
39. Head back into the launcher, it may ask that you start MGO again and get to the Terms and Conditions page you were at before. Do so, hit the PS button and head back to the XMB, head into the launcher one more time.
40. It will ask that you install the 1.34 update. Head back to XMB, go to Package Installer, install 1.34-STORM.pkg.
41. Head back into the launcher again, you will now be asked to create a Game ID and Password, then MGO Launcher will update and restart.
42. Head back into the launcher again, it should now launch MGO after authenticating and you will be free to create your character.Last edited by FilthyActs on Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:33 am, edited 2 times in total.