[TUTORIAL] MGO2R CFW Install - From start to finish

Find tutorials, ask for help, and find others with the same issue.
FilthyActs

[TUTORIAL] MGO2R CFW Install - From start to finish

Postby FilthyActs Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:51 pm

MGO2R has a fair bit of fuckery needed to install it without issues, and while the guides currently available are great i ran into a fair amount of issues.
With the focus shifting towards OFW players, i decided i will take the time while MGO installs to guide people though installing the game on CFW from start to finish.

This guide requires basic usage of FTP, MultiMan and CFW so be warned.

There are three steps. SETUP, GAME and INSTALL. If you've already got one of the three done, you should be able to move on without issue, but if you encounter issues it would be best to start from the beginning.

SETUP
Spoiler:
1. Make sure that CCAPI (Console Control API) is uninstalled, this can be done by just starting the installer on your XMB if you still have it.
(If you dont, download it again. If you're new to CFW and dont have this, go on to the next step.)

2. Make sure that Webman Mod is disabled, this can be done by just starting the updater on your XMB if you still have it. If you dont, download it again.
(Same goes if you're new to CFW and dont have it, next step.)

3. If you have used PSNPatch while using your PS3, you may need to restore default settings to re-enable the BD Emulator. Go to Multiman -> Settings -> BD-ROM Emulator (The very last option) and press X, if it says (Unavailable) you will need to follow the next couple steps. If it doesnt, skip to step 11.

4. Backup all of your saves and important data that isnt game installs as they will stay.

5. In MultiMan, download the latest version from the Web tab at the very right. It will be the (UPD) version.

6. Go to the XMB -> Settings -> Network Settings -> Media Server Connection -> Enable.

7. Go to System Settings and select Restore Default Settings, you will need to connect your PS3 controller to your PS3 using the charging cable when it resets.

8. Go through the initial setup again.

9. Once you're done, install Multiman (Upd) from your Package Manager on your XMB.

10. Once the install is done, start MultiMan and go though its own initial setup. Go back to Settings -> BD-ROM Emulator and hit Enable. Restart your PS3.

11. Head to REBUG Toolbox through XMB and make sure that both "Toogle COBRA Mode" and "Toggle webMAN" are Disabled, Restart your PS3.
(It should do it automatically when you exit if you had to disable COBRA mode)

GAME
Spoiler:
12. If you have an ORIGINAL (Not 25th Anniversary or Legacy) disk version of MGS4 and are using CFW, head forward to INSTALL.

13. If you have a 25th Anniversary or Legacy disk version of MGS4, skip to step 18.

14. If you have a PSN Download version of MGS4, download http://www.psx-place.com/threads/psn-liberator-convert-psn-content-to-disc-format.1168/.

15. Start up Multiman on your PS3 and follow the instructions PSN Liberator gives you.

16. Once the initial setup is done, you will need to retrieve the Game Folder and .rap from your PS3.
(The game will be in /dev_hdd0/games/ and the .rap will be in /dev_hdd0/home/0000000x/exdata/)

17. Run the folder and the .rap file through PSN Liberator into a new folder named MGS4 or something similar.
(This process takes a while)

18. If you own a 25th Anniversary or Legacy edition disk, insert the disk into your PS3, open Multiman, press Triangle on the MGS4 disk and select "Copy". Once the process is done, this will be your MGS4 folder.

If you're using the PSN/PSNLiberator Version, do the next steps with Windows. If you're using a disk, use the next steps with FTP (FileZilla)

19. Once thats completed, download https://mega.nz/#!kg8DQLSR!_tde9hR0Ke-d6bJGnbBoUwBf2FESKwXTC-7HSd-99n0.

20. Unrar the PS3_GAME folder and you'll find another PS3_GAME folder, this is going to go into your MGS4 folder and replace the files inside it.

21. Go to MGS4/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/mgs/ and delete the folder "stage".

22. Drag the downloaded folder PS3_GAME (The one that contains USRDIR and PARAM.SFO) and drop it into /MGS4/ so the two folders merge.

23. Select YES to replacing files.

24. Move your MGS4 folder to your PS3's GAMES folder if you havent already.

24. Your MGS4 is now MGO ready. Mount the game using MultiMan and get ready for the next steps.

INSTALL
Spoiler:
As Trump stated in the post below, the Main Tutorial is https://savemgo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=117, but while you're here:

25. Download the two files from https://savemgo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3 being MGO2R Launcher and 1.34-STORM

26. Start Multiman, transfer those two files to your "Package" folder through FTP.

27. Start MGS4, install the Game Data

28. Start Metal Gear Online from above Extras, let it install the game data.

29. Press start through Metal Gear Online, let it get to the Terms and Service then quit to the XMB

30. Go to Settings -> Network Settings -> Internet Connection Settings

31. Select custom, go through the setup as you would for any connection, stop when it reaches DNS Setting

32. Select Manual, set the Primary DNS to 192.3.217.61 and the Secondary DNS to 192.3.217.162

33. Continue through the setup as normal, test the connection.

34. IP Address should Succeed, Internet Connection should Fail.

35. If that is correct, go back to XMB and head to Package Installer

36. Install MGO2R Launcher.pkg

37. Start the newly installed Launcher

38. It will start to copy files from your MGS4 game, once it is finished it will instruct you to press X and restart the launcher

39. Head back into the launcher, it may ask that you start MGO again and get to the Terms and Conditions page you were at before. Do so, hit the PS button and head back to the XMB, head into the launcher one more time.

40. It will ask that you install the 1.34 update. Head back to XMB, go to Package Installer, install 1.34-STORM.pkg.

41. Head back into the launcher again, you will now be asked to create a Game ID and Password, then MGO Launcher will update and restart.

42. Head back into the launcher again, it should now launch MGO after authenticating and you will be free to create your character.
Last edited by FilthyActs on Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
president trump
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [TUTORIAL] MGO2R CFW Install - From start to finish

Postby president trump Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:03 am

Thank you for this tutorial, I can see you spent some time on it. We actually played together this morning too, welcome to SaveMGO/MGO2R. The current main tutorial is located here, viewtopic.php?f=11&t=117

I will be updating the forums and making it a bit easier to navigate when the OFW/CFW release is imminent. The tutorials will be much easier to find at that time.
itsnasho

Postby itsnasho Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:33 am

I have a problem, in step 28 the "Metal Gear Online" keeps loading and it quit me out to XMB, I don.t have COBRA and WEBMAN and CCAPI installed and enable, and the BD Room is activated. What should I do?
Visit my Twitter: twitter.com/ItsNash0
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby GHzGangster Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:05 pm

itsnasho wrote:I have a problem, in step 28 the "Metal Gear Online" keeps loading and it quit me out to XMB, I don.t have COBRA and WEBMAN and CCAPI installed and enable, and the BD Room is activated. What should I do?

Do you hear any beeps?
Personal Donations: https://eden.glass/donate
(For me, not the site or servers!)
itsnasho

Postby itsnasho Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:27 pm

Nop. But I solved it. Now I need a game id but the launcher not request me do it
itsnasho

Postby itsnasho Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:48 pm

No worries thanks I solved it... i don't know how.. just I put Itsnasho and different passwords that I use a match!! Oh fuck yes. I waste 1 month on this trying to play and I MADE IT.. I LOVE U GUYS <3 sorry I'm so excited
-.Apose.-

Postby -.Apose.- Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:35 pm

does this work on DEX?
possibly the worst mgo2 player to exist
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby GHzGangster Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:42 am

-.Apose.- wrote:does this work on DEX?

Only on certain FWs, I think 4.81 DEX works though. If not, 4.80 does.
Personal Donations: https://eden.glass/donate
(For me, not the site or servers!)
Apose

Postby Apose Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:34 am

I have followed the steps correctly and I cannot get to the Terms and Conditions screen, farthest I get is a black screen after MGO Loading...
itsnasho

Postby itsnasho Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:43 am

Bro. Uninstall CCAPI, turn off COBRA and WEBMAN and enable BD Emulator from Multiman, and search for the old topic of the installation MGO 2015, follow the video and then when you have it all (updates and the launcher) replace the launcher by the launcher of 2017 and you go. That worked for me.

Return to “MGO2 Support”