Cannot host games

Ask for help, and find others with the same issue.
Stokenhagen

Cannot host games

Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:25 pm

I've looked around here a bit and asked some players online while I've played mgo2 but the create game option always gives me an error "cannot host in network environment". I had this same error when I played back in 011 012...

Any tips? Every online source points me to outdated videos and I have a decent wired connection in NA.
Derrik ∞ GHz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cannot host games

Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:32 am

Stokenhagen wrote:I've looked around here a bit and asked some players online while I've played mgo2 but the create game option always gives me an error "cannot host in network environment". I had this same error when I played back in 011 012...

Any tips? Every online source points me to outdated videos and I have a decent wired connection in NA.
Your PS3 needs to be set to a static IP address that isn't being used by anything else on your network.
Copy down all the settings in the Network Connection Status List, and put all that back in with a static IP. Make sure you can still connect.
Then, change the static IP to something really high, like xxx.xxx.xxx.201 or something like that.
You'll then need to log in to your router, and forward port 5730 UDP from the outside to your PS3's static IP.
After that, make sure that the port set in MGO's Network Settings is 5730 (or you could change it, just make sure it's the same in the router), and it should work.
Stokenhagen

Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:05 am

Thank you, I will look into this.
Cain532

Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:23 pm

Good morning all!
I have been trying desperately to host my own sessions on MGO2 but I cannot seem to get it working. Here is what I have done so far;
I have port forwarded my PS3's IP address to 5730-5739, This did not work (PS3 IP is static MGO2 Network settings are congruent, I even tried 5730-5730 as well as 5730-7001 as was suggested by another member)
I attempted to DMZ my PS3 which also failed.
I have tried port forwarding my Desktop itself and sharing my connection to the PS3 using a network splitter (using the same above port settings) This failed.

I can play the game and join other sessions just fine I just can't make my own :X

I would appreciate any help I can get on the matter. Thank you!
Derrik ∞ GHz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:09 pm

Cain532 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:23 pm
Good morning all!
I have been trying desperately to host my own sessions on MGO2 but I cannot seem to get it working. Here is what I have done so far;
I have port forwarded my PS3's IP address to 5730-5739, This did not work (PS3 IP is static MGO2 Network settings are congruent, I even tried 5730-5730 as well as 5730-7001 as was suggested by another member)
I attempted to DMZ my PS3 which also failed.
I have tried port forwarding my Desktop itself and sharing my connection to the PS3 using a network splitter (using the same above port settings) This failed.

I can play the game and join other sessions just fine I just can't make my own :X

I would appreciate any help I can get on the matter. Thank you!
This may not be possible with your ISP. Who do you get your internet from? If your ISP is making you use something called Dual Stack Lite or DS-Lite, then you simply won't be able to host. I would call up your ISP and see if they can help you out with Port Forwarding, and make sure that they aren't blocking that in some way.

Return to “MGO2 Support”