Controllers press buttons by itself

Ask for help, and find others with the same issue.
Solid007

Controllers press buttons by itself

Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:40 pm

So after 6 months of use mgo2r my original ps3 sonys dualshock started to move camera to left side by itself on MGO. By time it got worse n later it was totally unplayable. So i bought new official dualshock controller. 2 weeks using it same thing happened. Bought anothr one. 2 weeks and same thing. Ever Sonys Dualshock 3 controller starts pressing buttons by itself after about 2 weeks when it 1st time connected to my ps3. Ive bought also several random ps3 controllers but they are too shit. Can i fix this? Do i need a new ps3?
president trump
Former President of SaveMGO

Re: Controllers press buttons by itself

Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:32 am

I've had one or two new controllers not work out of the box but not in the way you seem to be having. Are the controllers fully charged and are you using them while they're plugged in? Perhaps it's something wrong with your USB cable? You could try re-installing your firmware, but I can't hazard much of a guess on what it could be; I've never heard of such a problem.

I suppose there's a possibility the PS3 is getting/sending a bad signal between the console and your controller. Perhaps the controller wireless... uh, chip inside the console is not working, or maybe there's motherboard damage. Do you have the console tucked away somewhere, near like a new microwave or something? It seems extremely unlikely, but also so does multiple brand new controllers being broken.

Can you try the controllers on another PS3 or something? Doesn't have to be jailbroken but that could confirm whether or not it's the individual controllers or your console. Perhaps Ghz can suggest something better. I don't have much knowledge of the PS3 workings.
I've resigned. I am no longer involved with SaveMGO.
NourishedPsyche

Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:30 am

Something similar happened to me the other night. I was engaged in a battle and my screen spazzed out as if I was hitting a few different buttons. Or is that what happens when you try to use auto aim? lol
president trump
Former President of SaveMGO

Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:39 pm

Funny enough my controller has started sliding to the left now. Most noticeable in Multiman when using the file manager mouse. It's very slight on MGO but it's observable if you watch for it. Very strange, I can't imagine the controller has broken in any sort of way all of a sudden, and the reset button on the bottom didn't help at all. Maybe I'll try draining the battery or something down completely.
I've resigned. I am no longer involved with SaveMGO.
NourishedPsyche

Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:56 pm

I figured out that there was was something wrong with my controller. Whenever I pushed in the L3 stick in it would spazz out. Swapped controllers and I'm no longer having the problem. I guess these things stop working after a while.
SNAAAKE

Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:17 pm

my X press by itself sometimes...I am often jumping into people.. :?

bought the controller 2-3 months ago

Return to “MGO2 Support”