Launcher wont work, 1 beep after disabling cobra, what do i do?

Find tutorials, ask for help, and find others with the same issue.
Gassytaco

Launcher wont work, 1 beep after disabling cobra, what do i do?

Postby Gassytaco Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:09 am

Hi, i am very very new to this whole thing about CFW and the whole PS3 firmware affair.

So recently i got myself my old PS3 fat flashed to play PS1, PS2 and some PS3 games but as a bonus i bought MGS 4 to play MGO 2 since a friend told me the game was still kicking.

So i go ahead and watch this video and download everything in the links there:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITkuvWA-wHU&t=164s

And do each step as shown, after installing the launcher and trying to run it, i got 3 beeps and got booted back into the XMB. So i do a quick research and turns out that the 3 beeps belongs to something called cobra that needs to be disabled.

So i go ahead and poke around my PS3 and find that something called Sen Enabler (version 6.0.3 [CEX/DEX]) has a setting called Cobra <Enabled>, so i disabled it, restart the console and go straight into the launcher again, this time instead of 3 beeps, i get only 1 beep and booted back into XMB.

So i uninstall the launcher with Cobra disabled, install the launcher again and same thing happens, i start searching around and i cant find jack about the subject.

So i have no idea of what to look for or what of anything of this new software does, its around 4 AM in the morning and i just gave up.

So i will just spew the details of my console in hopes that someone will help me ID the problem and help me out (and yes the DNS stuff is in order).

The system software is 4.81, 1 above the one MGO 2 needs.
mmCM or multiman is version 4.80 and it can either be on Cobra compatible mode saying is Cobra 7.30 compatible or in standard CFW mode and saying some PS3 ID stuff.

Then i Sen Enabler version 6.0.3 [CEX/DEX] says something about GT Academy 2013, Playstation Network Sign In button is red along with the PS Store and i pretty much havent touched anything related to the online side of PS3 or anything network related aside from the settings of the wireless/ wired connection and DNS.

And that is pretty much all the information i can provide that i think that is important or relevant to the problem.

As you can see i have 0 knowledge about this whole thing and i hope i can get an idea of how to fix this problem to finally play MGO 2 once again.

Thank you for reading.
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Launcher wont work, 1 beep after disabling cobra, what do i do?

Postby GHzGangster Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:40 pm

The launcher will actually not work with 4.81 at this time. Please install 4.80 and try again.
Additionally, it's probably best to disable Cobra in Rebug Toolbox, if it isn't persistent.
Gassytaco

Postby Gassytaco Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:05 pm

GHzGangster wrote:The launcher will actually not work with 4.81 at this time. Please install 4.80 and try again.
Additionally, it's probably best to disable Cobra in Rebug Toolbox, if it isn't persistent.

Well i have no idea how to install back to 4.80 or uninstall 4.81 and i am scared of screwing something in the process, so the launcher will work sometime in the future with 4.81?
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby GHzGangster Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:43 pm

Gassytaco wrote:Well i have no idea how to install back to 4.80 or uninstall 4.81 and i am scared of screwing something in the process, so the launcher will work sometime in the future with 4.81?

It's very straightforward, there isn't really any way to mess anything up unless you install official firmware.
Because of this, I suggest you don't have any official firmware on your computer at all, besides maybe OFW 3.55.

You will need to download Rebug 4.80 REX from here: http://rebug.me/official-rebug-4-80-1-cobra-7-3-toolbox-2-02-10-may-2016/
You will need to download that file, unzip it, and then download it from the link inside of the txt file.

You can see how to install it here: https://savemgo.com/forums-old/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=881

It will be a little while until I can support 4.81, I'm working on a different system at the moment.
Gassytaco

Postby Gassytaco Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:43 am

GHzGangster wrote:
Gassytaco wrote:Well i have no idea how to install back to 4.80 or uninstall 4.81 and i am scared of screwing something in the process, so the launcher will work sometime in the future with 4.81?

It's very straightforward, there isn't really any way to mess anything up unless you install official firmware.
Because of this, I suggest you don't have any official firmware on your computer at all, besides maybe OFW 3.55.

You will need to download Rebug 4.80 REX from here: http://rebug.me/official-rebug-4-80-1-cobra-7-3-toolbox-2-02-10-may-2016/
You will need to download that file, unzip it, and then download it from the link inside of the txt file.

You can see how to install it here: https://savemgo.com/forums-old/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=881

It will be a little while until I can support 4.81, I'm working on a different system at the moment.

I need to use some sort of downgrader or something along those lines to install Rebug 4.80 REX?

Or i can install it as my console stands right now?
Databug

Postby Databug Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:21 am

Gassytaco wrote:
I need to use some sort of downgrader or something along those lines to install Rebug 4.80 REX?

I'm actually in the same situation as you are. Everything I'm reading online seems to suggest you have to downgrade back to 3.55 and then reinstall CFW but apparently there are some exceptions.

A lot of the information online is outdated so I'm going to attempt to just revert back to 4.80.1 and let you know how it goes.

So yes, I just tried it and you can revert back to 4.80.1 by simply installing the older firmware update, but you have to do 2 things:

1) Start Rebug Toolbox from your XMB and go all the way to the right. You will see the option called "Toggle QA Flag". Make sure this is enabled
2) Updating the firmware from the XMB will most likely fail, so you need to do it from the recovery menu on your PS3. To get there, have your PS3 turned off with the red standby light on. Then hold the power button until it actually turns back off. Once again, hold the power button but this time, let go of the power button after the quick double-beep. It will ask you to connect your DS3 controller using a USB cable and hit the PS button. Now make sure your USB with the 4.80.1 firmware is inserted into the PS3 and select option 6 to update your firmware.

Hope that works for you.
Gassytaco

Postby Gassytaco Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:28 am

Databug wrote:
Gassytaco wrote:

I'm actually in the same situation as you are. Everything I'm reading online seems to suggest you have to downgrade back to 3.55 and then reinstall CFW but apparently there are some exceptions.

A lot of the information online is outdated so I'm going to attempt to just revert back to 4.80.1 and let you know how it goes.

So yes, I just tried it and you can revert back to 4.80.1 by simply installing the older firmware update, but you have to do 2 things:

1) Start Rebug Toolbox from your XMB and go all the way to the right. You will see the option called "Toggle QA Flag". Make sure this is enabled
2) Updating the firmware from the XMB will most likely fail, so you need to do it from the recovery menu on your PS3. To get there, have your PS3 turned off with the red standby light on. Then hold the power button until it actually turns back off. Once again, hold the power button but this time, let go of the power button after the quick double-beep. It will ask you to connect your DS3 controller using a USB cable and hit the PS button. Now make sure your USB with the 4.80.1 firmware is inserted into the PS3 and select option 6 to update your firmware.

Hope that works for you.

Thanks a lot man! It worked and i finally got Redbug installed along with MGO2 working! You are great!
SumthinElse

Postby SumthinElse Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:07 pm

I need some help here, i cant seem to get the downgrade working at all
SumthinElse

Postby SumthinElse Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:02 am

never mind, think i got this working
Databug

Postby Databug Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:31 am

Gassytaco wrote:
Databug wrote:
Gassytaco wrote:

Hope that works for you.

Thanks a lot man! It worked and i finally got Redbug installed along with MGO2 working! You are great!

No problem! Glad I could help.

Return to “MGO2 Support”